Matter and Anti-Matter = exotic energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shadow735

I hope this is the right area for this question its two questions.<br />First have we been able to do experiments with combining one particle of matter with one particle of Anti-matter?<br /><br />If yes what were the results and was energy created in the process. What degree of energy was made and is it enough to delevop a system to use it in engine for space exploration? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Y

yevaud

Anti-matter has been created in particle accelerator collisions, and successfully stored, if in very tiny quantities.<br /><br />Interactions with "normal" matter end with 200% liberation of energy, which is to say 100% of the matter and 100% of the anti-matter annihilate and liberate all of their energy.<br /><br />Major problem: it takes a great deal <i>more</i> energy to create the Anti-matter in the first place - such that it isn't even remotely cost-effective.<br /><br />Not to mention, storing Anti-matter is a difficult and energy-consumptive affair. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

M

Mee_n_Mac

<font color="yellow">Not to mention, storing Anti-matter is a difficult and energy-consumptive affair. <br /></font><br /><br />And, in any large quantity, about as dangerous as it gets. H bombs, ha !<br /><br /><br />I have Princeton stuck in my head when antimatter is mentioned. I can't remember why ... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-----------------------------------------------------</p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask not what your Forum Software can do do on you,</font></p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask it to, please for the love of all that's Holy, <strong>STOP</strong> !</font></p> </div>

Y

yevaud

Yeah. One error, and *BLAM*<br /><br />Princeton: Possibly this article? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts