Matter vs. Anti-Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ihwip

I read recently: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 212139.htm

Basically the idea is for whatever reason, 1% more matter is produced than anti-matter so that might explain in part why the universe is so much more regular matter. I thought it was very interesting and immediately thought of a mechanism that this might occur through. Does this make sense?

As a protons and anti-protons collide the sub-particles bundle up and the inertial energy is converted in an presumably complex process that converts some of the anti-muons into a tiny black hole. This black hole evaporates almost-instantaneously via Hawking radiation. This make it appear in tests that more anti-matter was converted into energy than regular matter.

The Fermi study used many years of data and large numbers of protons are fired at once so perhaps the sheer number of subatomic particles flying around means this 'reaction' would be insanely complex. Not sure how they would perform further procedures to test this hypothesis.

I also have no idea how well the lab can detail crowded, near-instantaneous sub-nuclear reactions. I'm just throwing this out there ;)

V

vividasday

Matter???? Thank You For Thinking....I wants wondered myself....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts