May 18, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AgC2

Monday May 18, 2009 I walked out on my back deck, looking up at the sliver of the moon I noticed a small bright orb just to the lower left of it. since the sunny was up 8:30am(west michigan) I thought it was Venus. but .
I kept going out to check the sky and even at 12:00 noon the object was still visible next to the moon. I never remember seeing Venus shine that late in the day before.
My question is, was that Venus I saw? If it was is its orbit closer to earth now causing it to be seen so late in the day sky?
I went out the following day to see if it would be there again but it wasn't, all week I have watched for it but have not seen it.
Can someone confirm that what I saw was indeed Venus, and tell me why it was so bright even by noon that one day, but not the follow days
thanks
AgC2

M

MeteorWayne

It certainly wasn't Venus. Venus was far from the moon that day. In fact there were no bright celestial objects near by.

So it must have been something in the atmosphere. But for it to track the moon during 4 hours of motion during the day (about 60 degrees) is hard to image. It's a genuine mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts