Meet the unknown female mathematician whose calculations helped discover Pluto

Feb 18, 2020
Visit site
I would hope that we will be able to put a name to the photograph. So many contributes to our understanding of Space, our Solar System and Space Flight itself have been lost to memory. No one thinks of the craftspeople that did the metal work on the launch vehicles, filled the honeycomb heat shield with indumescent caulk of the Women that wove the core rope memories that got Apollo to the moon.

But on another note, and with all due respect to the IAU; We in America, DO NOT do Science by Roberts Rules of Order. Your motion and vote were out of order and therefore, Pluto, as pointed to by this, as yet, unknown young Woman math, IS and WILL remain a planet.

Thank you

Feb 19, 2020
Visit site
Mike,
I would hope that people would read more than click bait titles before commenting on articles.
In this case, not even the reading the entire article is necessary.
Take a look at the line immediately below the photograph.

Feb 18, 2020
Visit site
Mike,
I would hope that people would read more than click bait titles before commenting on articles.
In this case, not even the reading the entire article is necessary.
Take a look at the line immediately below the photograph.

I took it upon myself to re read the article and for what ever reason, I do not recall having seen several of these paragraphs. I have no one to blame but myself, I am, obviously, guilty of of scanning the article as opposed to reading. That being said, I stand my the sentiment in my posting.

For what it is worth, I do thank you for pointing out what I did not see.

Jem

Feb 18, 2020
Visit site
kinda sad that there are so many women and men that aren't put out there for everyone to know their accomplishments especially now that we are finding more of them now

Feb 22, 2020
Visit site
Pluto's discovery wouldn't have been possible, astronomers have realized, without the calculations of a mathematician whom history has forgotten.

Meet the unknown female mathematician whose calculations helped discover Pluto : Read more
Her IQ must have been to at least 160. This is a good article to pass to young girls in grade school to encourage them to study the math and sciences so that one day, they may want to go into the Air Force, Navy, and study at University and work for NASA, or even the new Space Force Agency.