meteor shower from Bootes

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xxxtiggerxxx

does anyone know the time that the june bootids peak?? or know where i can look up the time it peaks??? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

The June Bootids peak is June 27th, 2000 UT according to the IMO (where you can look it up).<br />However in 2004, the peak occurred 4 days earlier on the 23rd (ZHR~18).<br />This is an intermittent, variable shower, so not much can be said definitively.<br /><br />So far, between June 21st and this past morning, I have seen only 1 possible member in nearly 9 hours of observing time.<br /><br />I hope to get out this morning between moonset and twilight.<br />If I wake up early enough I might even go out before moonset since we are so close to the "peak".<br /><br />In many years, there appears to be no activity at all.<br /><br />Dr Peter Jenniskens predicts the next outburst June 24, 2010<br /><br />Meteor Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts