Mike Griffin A Vulcan?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mattblack

Nasa Administrator, Dr Michael Griffin described himself as a "Spock" when asked in an interview which Star Trek character he most admired and resembled.<br /> <br />This man has 7 degrees: Griffin received a bachelor's degree in Physics from Johns Hopkins University; a master's degree in Aerospace Science from Catholic University of America; a Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Maryland; a master's degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California; a master's degree in Applied Physics from Johns Hopkins University; a master's degree in Business Administration from Loyola College; and a master's degree in Civil Engineering from George Washington University. He is a certified flight instructor with instrument and multiengine ratings).<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>One Percent of Federal Funding For Space: America <strong><em><u>CAN</u></em></strong> Afford it!!  LEO is a <strong><em>Prison</em></strong> -- It's time for a <em><strong>JAILBREAK</strong></em>!!</p> </div>

S

spacester

Ardea herodias? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

V

vogon13

Hell, a majority of posters here at SDC have strong Vulcan tendencies . . . . <br /><br />How many times have I had to explain concepts such as humor, satire, parody and sarcasm?<br /><br />The 'Vulcan thing' is far more prevalent than most folks realize.<br /><br />Probably needs to be a 12 step organization for them.<br /><br /><br />{and yes, for you Vulcans reading this, this post is intended to be FUNNY!}<br /><br />{and a little sarcastic, too}<br /><br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

V

vt_hokie

One thing that I never understand about people with so many degrees is that in addition to being intelligent and highly motivated, they must have significant financial resources! How do people who become professional students manage to pay the bills? Maybe he had some of them paid for by employers, perhaps. I tried the part time grad school approach while working full time, and it really sucked! I gave up on that shortly after getting laid off and having to switch jobs. But I have nothing but admiration for those who have the discipline to take that route!

S

shyningnight

Funny how no one has yet commented on the fact that a TV journalist (and I use that term very loosly) wasted Dr Griffins time actually ASKING that question...<br /><br />Or commented on the sad state of affairs evidenced by anyone watching said interview who would CARE about his answer to that question, rather than answers to questions about NASA's role in Spaceflight, Science, Technology, and Research in todays world.<br /><br />Paul F.

M

mattblack

I liked them in camouflage, but I liked them better in their anti-flash white finish.<br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Vulcan<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>One Percent of Federal Funding For Space: America <strong><em><u>CAN</u></em></strong> Afford it!!  LEO is a <strong><em>Prison</em></strong> -- It's time for a <em><strong>JAILBREAK</strong></em>!!</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts