Mining Mars for water....

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starfhury

I was watching CNN and they had a piece on a company named Hyflux based out of Asia. They have come up with a home device which can take water out of the atmosphere turning it into drink water. Does Mars have enough water vapor in it's thin atmosphere that such a device might be used as an ISRU device?<br />http://www.hyflux.com/pdt_aquovateTVAd.html" <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

nexium

my guess is no, but there may be rare spots where water vapor issues out from far below the surface. Neil

C

centsworth_II

<font color="yellow">"That could take a few more generations."</font><br /><br />How many more generations will it take to determine if there is sufficient water to mine at Mars' poles? <br /><br />In a few years, we will have a much better picture -- with the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter -- of the water that exists beneath the surface of Mars.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

najab

><i>That could take a few more generations.</i><p>The scientific community has already concluded that there are large amounts of water ice on Mars. The Martial polar caps could be as much as 15% water ice. The soils North and South of 55 &deg; could be as much as 50% water ice.<p>There <b>IS</b> water on Mars!</p></p>

M

mental_avenger

That won't be good enough for Steve. In fact, bringing Martian water back would probably not be good enough for Steve, since it could be faked. No, the only way to make sure is for Steve to go there in person and drink from a pool of water. “That's it Steve, now take off your helment...........”<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p style="margin-top:0in;margin-left:0in;margin-right:0in" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Times New Roman" size="2" color="#ff0000"><strong>Our Solar System must be passing through a Non Sequitur area of space.</strong></font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts