Mission Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bboy23

Hi there I'm looking for authentic Mission Audio between Capcom and Astronauts of Space shuttle and Apollo Missions I have searched the web far and wide with very limited success you can find the well known Audio Files quite easily biut normal Nasa Mission audio is nigh impossible to find Nasa only provide snippets can anybody help ?

Many Thanks in Advance hope somebody can help

A

aphh

Ofcourse, what we hear as the mission audio is the so called big loop, which is open for everybody to listen. If need be, the astronauts switch to small loop, which is only between the mission control and the astronauts.

I'm not complaining about it, just stating the obvious, that we're not hearing everything. Not that there is need for us to hear everything.

M

MeteorWayne

That is true, and in fact there are private, encrypted communications between the station/shuttle and the ground.

A

astronaut23

Why is that? What do they have to hide? Hmmmmmmmmmm?

I heard a president once say we don't hide our space program. BS, cause they do!

M

MeteorWayne

Because sometimes there are private things to discuss, such as crew medical issues.

E

erioladastra

aphh":3rus6w7j said:
Ofcourse, what we hear as the mission audio is the so called big loop, which is open for everybody to listen. If need be, the astronauts switch to small loop, which is only between the mission control and the astronauts.

I'm not complaining about it, just stating the obvious, that we're not hearing everything. Not that there is need for us to hear everything.

Not quite right. There are two space to ground loops between ISS and the ground, called S/G-1 and S/G-2. The shuttle has 2 also called ait to ground or A/G-1 and A/G-2. When the shuttle is docked to the ISS S/G-1 is combined with A/G-1. Therefore, any call on S/G-1 or A/G-1 are heard by both control room and both vehicles. This is called the "big loop".

If we need to talk to the crew without anyone hearing we can privitze the loops or they can call on an IP Phone.

F

freya

Have you had a listen to...

Apollo 11-Lunar Landing

On... Radio365

Check it out on the site, type the 'Apollo 11-Lunar Landing' in the 365 search and add it
to your favourites, it's truly amazing. I go back to it now and then, wish I had the
stuff on CD so I could listen to it in the car. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.