Mobile astronomy: Put the Milky Way in your pocket with 'Our Galaxy' smartphone app

Feb 14, 2020
Visit site
I can't seem to find this "Our Galaxy" app. Is it only on Apple products or not out yet? Maybe I should reread the article to see if I missed something from it jumping around on my screen from different ads loading up.

Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
As stated in the article, the app is only available for iOS and macOS. At this time there are no plans for an Android version. Sorry.

Bill (app developer).

Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
I have developed for both iOS and Android. With my products I've made much more from iOS than Android. Android people seem less inclined to buy apps.

Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
Most of the community prefers Apple.
The current community. Suggest you broaden your horizons.
There are many more Android users than iOS users.
I have developed for both iOS and Android. With my products I've made much more from iOS than Android. Android people seem less inclined to buy apps.
Fair point, but there are many successful paid Android apps.
The trick is to make the paid app better than the free ones.
(I'm an Android developer.)

Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
I thought I'd update this old thread to make everyone aware that I've released Our Galaxy 2.0 as a cross-platform app. It is available on iOS, macOS, Windows, Android, and running in a web browser.

In addition, the app in now free as my gift to the astronomy community. You can learn more at https://otherwise.com.

Latest posts