Moon Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

grooble

Does anyone have a definitive breakdown of the resources on the moon and their locations and quantities?<br /><br />If not, what's it going to take to find out?<br /><br />Thanks

N

nexium

I believe ground penetrating radar has been used from Mars orbit. (Perhaps, not the moon) this should allow some guesses as to what is one millimeter to one kilometer below the surface. Are guesses worth much? I suspect we need to excavate a few million locals on the moon, before we can be definate about locations and quantities. Even then there may be some surprises. Neil

A

arobie

This was brought up in a great thread a while ago.<br /><br />Lots of talk lately concerning the moon is the thread.<br /><br />Supportable conjecture and actual facts is a post by kadetken that specifically adresses what you asked.<br /><br />Here is another post by kadetken about resources on the moon.<br /><br />The sooner we start, the sooner we will be ready is yet another excellant post by kadetken adressing this matter. <br /><br />The thread is a great read, although quite long. At the end is where resources are brought up. Along with what is on the moon, how to process them and what they could be used for is also adressed.

G

grooble

Thanks, i had a look at the links you gave me. They were good, especially the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts