Multiple Universes

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ac15

Could the multiverse theory ever be proven? And how would it?<br /><br />Does it even matter to us if it is proven? Who cares if there are infinate universes, if they do exist, why do we care if we are stuck in this universe?<br /><br />DM!%<br />

I

iron_sun_254

Whether or not it could be proven and how is a matter of pure speculation but if it was possible to prove it it might also be possible to leave this world and go to another one. This could lead to huge possibilities such as going to other Earths or completely different planets which are much closer in another universe than any other planets are to us in this universe. The possibilites are endless.

N

newtonian

ac15 - This is not pure speculation, but it is speculative:<br /><br />If dark energy is faster than light (as it apparently causes faster than light expansion) and if we can one day observe dark energy, then:<br /><br />We could have dark energy telescopes to observe what is now beyond our visibility horizon and perhaps see other universes which lie beyond.<br />There are other ways, but I will abstain for now on those.<br /><br />Some astronomers consider it likely that our universe will eventually interact with other universes - so we may not be stuck in this universe forever - technically.<br /><br />And there is more....

C

chrisxp

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>and if we can one day observe dark energy<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />Observing "dark energy" may not be energy at all to observe.<br /><br />It's can very well be a "fudge factor" brought to the world by the Big Bang theorists. Created to fill in the gaps of a popular theory, more than <i>hard</i> science.<br /><br />If you ever studied the egos of those involved between Steady-State and Big Bang, you'll see what I mean about <b>intergalactic egos</b>. It's sad, because honest work by some are being ignored, because the darn Establishment wants their pet theory to be "the truth."<br /><br />Can't even read Sky & Telescope with the absolutes thrown in about the Big Bang being THE theory of the creation of the universe. Meanwhile, those who believe in alternative theories hope not to be literally egged if they differ from The Establishment.<br /><br />Oh, when the day when Big Bang theorists have to truly answer to the red-shift problem. Oh, I'll relish the day when truth wins over ego!<br /><br />CXP

C

chrisxp

What <i>fact</i>? What evidence we have can't be tested to prove it, as there's way, too many variables (the whole branch of cosmology is guesswork. We can test only what our senses can detect and within our own solar system. Anything beyond is up tot conjecture). Nevermind, the bias in wanting to believe XYZ is true (a problem with man, since ego propels him to believe his view is correct).<br /><br />Science isn't so much about <i>fact</i> as trying to gain <b>knowledge</b> of the unknown.<br /><br />CXP

C

centsworth_II

<font color="yellow">"Who cares if there are infinate universes, if they do exist, why do we care...?" -- ac15</font><br /><br />The existence of infinite universes would remove the mystery of why our universe exists as it is -- a perfect place for life to arise in. With infinite universe, there was bound to be at least one capable of supporting life. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

V

vogon13

Futurama has only two universes. I know its only a cartoon, but something to think about. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts