Muons among us?

COLGeek

Looks like we continue to learn about the universe. This is fascinating stuff:

When I was a kid, I went on a school field trip to Fermi Labs. It is one of my fondest childhood memories. I was the last to board the bus for the return trip because I wanted to stay and ask questions.

FYI. Here is another report on this topic, https://phys.org/news/2021-04-field-argonne-scientists-bolster-evidence.html

Some words of caution are presented too. "The first thing the scientists plan to do is to double-check the results. "So far, the precision of the ultimate g-2 measurement is comparable to that of the Brookhaven experiment, but that is dominated by the fact that the data are limited so far," said Corrodi. "We have only analyzed 6% of the data we plan to take over the entire experiment. Those added data will reduce the uncertainty significantly." The first result is also encouraging to scientists conducting other present and planned muon experiments, including a future g-2 experiment that will be conducted in Japan, and the next muon experiment at Fermilab—the Mu2e experiment. These projects are already using Argonne's Solenoid Facility to cross-calibrate their magnetic field probes with the ones used at Fermilab..."

There will be follow up testing and measurements here. New physics can be exciting but needs strong verification too.

Nov 3, 2020
Visit site
At the expense of checking, I completely agree with you. You cannot immediately discard the usual laws and use new discoveries that have not yet been fully tested. After all, in order to draw conclusions, you need to analyze the data not by 3 or 6%, but at least by 85-90%, so that you can lean in one direction or the other.

Reactions: petermabey
Oct 25, 2019
Visit site
That visit was a wake up, try looking at a picture of a hydrogen atom with an electron microscope and ask your self why the shadow, this is the answer to ET’S technology and how attraction other masses work.

<<Never post personal information, please.>>

Last edited by a moderator:

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
Looks like we continue to learn about the universe. This is fascinating stuff:

When I was a kid, I went on a school field trip to Fermi Labs. It is one of my fondest childhood memories. I was the last to board the bus for the return trip because I wanted to stay and ask questions.
And what does that lead us to... ?

Reactions: Catastrophe

Latest posts