My concept about time :-)

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scull

.....But entropy is exactly the death of energy, isn't it?<br /><br />Imagine a perfectly insulated sphere with a thin membrane separating hot and cool air, for instance. This is a closed system.<br /><br />Imagine that a hole is poked in the membrane.<br /><br />Eventually the system comes to equilibrium.<br /><br />For the purposes of the example we'll ignore the atomic energy of the air molecules at equilibrium.<br /><br />Once at equilibrium, the system has no possible means by which to gain more energy. Heat death has occured; the potential energy of the system is zero and cannot increase since the system is closed. <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />(I'm sure I'm wrong, but this is how I understand this stuff).....<br /><br /><br />

S

scull

thanx for the link.....<br /><br />I'm looking at it and.....<br /><br />hmmm..... it's looking complicated...... I need to concentrate right now....<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />?????<br /><br />

Status
Not open for further replies.