Mysterious object that crashed through Florida home was likely space junk from the International Space Station

Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
Reminds me of this from May 2021:
NASA has lambasted China for its failure to “meet responsible standards” after debris from its out-of-control rocket likely plunged into the Indian Ocean Saturday night.

“Spacefaring nations must minimize the risks to people and property on Earth of re-entries of space objects and maximize transparency regarding those operations,” said NASA Administrator Sen. Bill Nelson in a statement released on the space agency’s website Sunday.

“China is failing to meet responsible standards regarding their space debris,” he added.

NASA needs to clean its own house before criticizing others.

Reactions: iceiggle
Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Oh, man I may have worked on that Unit. The picture sure looks like it. I did Electromagnetic Compatibility Testing in a RF screen room at Space Systems Loral in 1995. The object that landed on the roof of the house looks like one of the NiCd battery pack cylinders partially melted. . Each battery was in a metal cylinder that looked like a pressure tank. The unit was the size of a desk, and weighed something like 1200Lbs. Putting the batteries in a tank allowed the discharge state to be measured by measuring the pressure of Hydrogen inside. Well, It's good to see that they got their use out of it. Unfortunately it fell on somebody's house.

Reactions: iceiggle