Mystery Roar From Faraway Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickeyl

<p><font size="2">Mystery Roar From Faraway Space:<br />Below is the news article dated Wed Jan 7, 10:31 pm LONG BEACH, CA.</font></p><p><font size="2">I believe this detected sound is formed by the creation of dark-energy-radiation.&nbsp; As the heat and energy from our expanding-universe, cuts into the absolute-zero temperature of "dark matter", that surrounds our universe, dynamic-noise is created.&nbsp; Below is the news article.&nbsp; See my discussion of dark-energy-radiation at:&nbsp; </font><font size="2">www.dark-energyuniverse.com</font><br /><font size="2">-------------------------------------------<br />Andrea Thompson<br />Senior Writer<br />SPACE.com andrea Thompson<br />senior Writer<br />space.com &ndash; Wed Jan 7, 10:31 pm ETLONG BEACH, Calif. -- Space is typically thought of as a very quiet place. But one team of astronomers has found a strange cosmic noise that booms six times louder than expected.<br />The roar is from the distant cosmos. Nobody knows what causes it.<br />Of course, sound waves can't travel in a vacuum (which is what most of space is), or at least they&nbsp; can't very efficiently. But radio waves can.<br />Radio waves are not sound waves, but they are still electromagnetic waves, situated on the low-frequency end of the light spectrum.</font></p>

R

R1

<p><font size="2">the complete actual article is larger and I found the link, I will post it for you:</font></p><p><font size="2">http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/090107-aas-loud-cosmic-noise.html</font></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><font size="2">It is definitely interesting.&nbsp; It reminds me about the dark flow mystery.&nbsp; I think that is in the Unexplained department&nbsp; (this may work better there too, btw).</font></p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

Aaupaaq

Does the idea of the whole universe getting ignited a reasonable theory too?&nbsp; Cause I think it's the universe as a whole that will be ignited, kinds of just to purify itself of everything!&nbsp; That sound precedes the images I think. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> We always walked on water, like skating! </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Does the idea of the whole universe getting ignited a reasonable theory too?&nbsp; Cause I think it's the universe as a whole that will be ignited, kinds of just to purify itself of everything!&nbsp; That sound precedes the images I think. <br />Posted by Aaupaaq</DIV><br /><br />Please do not babble in the Science fora, Aaupaaq. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

A

Aaupaaq

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Please do not babble in the Science fora, Aaupaaq. <br /> Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></p><p>I won't but I think we always misunderstand each other.&nbsp; Seriously though, do you think that there's much of hydrogen gathered in one area of the universe, then they just ignite in the same manner that the stars get ignited?&nbsp; I know that the lights we see, the oldest have to travel 13 billion light years for it to reach us, but the fabric of space as we know it stretches over 150 billion light years, roughly.</p><p>This energy, must have come from somewhere.&nbsp; Sound is energy too isn't it?&nbsp; Commotion is what we're trying to find out, and hydrogens gathering seemed like a good candidate too for this mysterious roar! </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> We always walked on water, like skating! </div>

M

Mee_n_Mac

<p>I believe we already have a thread on this topic. It's herein SS&A.&nbsp; So far I don't think some form of experimental error has been ruled out.&nbsp; I believe other measurements in the radio bands involved have been made previously and not found this excess noise. So this needs to be confirmed and possible errors sources ruled out before people start asking WTH ?!?&nbsp; Even then my guess is that it indicates that the recombination era perhaps wasn't as continuous or smooth as presently thought.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>As for hydrogen gas clouds&nbsp;"igniting", how exactly might that happen ?&nbsp; H ignites here on Earth due the presence of oxygen and enough energy to combine with it. H "ignites" in a star due to enough density and energy to fuse.&nbsp; Neither set of conditions are present in hydrogen clouds.&nbsp; When such clouds do get dense enough we see stars form, not a general "ignition" of the cloud.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>As for the OP ...&nbsp; </p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-----------------------------------------------------</p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask not what your Forum Software can do do on you,</font></p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask it to, please for the love of all that's Holy, <strong>STOP</strong> !</font></p> </div>

A

Aaupaaq

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'> As for hydrogen gas clouds&nbsp;"igniting", how exactly might that happen ?&nbsp; H ignites here on Earth due the presence of oxygen and enough energy to combine with it. H "ignites" in a star due to enough density and energy to fuse.&nbsp; Neither set of conditions are present in hydrogen clouds.&nbsp; When such clouds do get dense enough we see stars form, not a general "ignition" of the cloud.&nbsp;As for the OP ...&nbsp; &nbsp; <br /> Posted by Mee_n_Mac</DIV></p><p>Yes, that's what I mean, combination of elements, resulting in various reactions.&nbsp; So, you think that you don't believe that oxygen is present too in the faroff areas? &nbsp; </p><p>I mean, it's like more than 150 b.l.y. and possibly bigger! </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> We always walked on water, like skating! </div>

K

kg

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Yes, that's what I mean, combination of elements, resulting in various reactions.&nbsp; So, you think that you don't believe that oxygen is present too in the faroff areas? &nbsp; I mean, it's like more than 150 b.l.y. and possibly bigger! <br />Posted by Aaupaaq</DIV><br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum</p><p>It seems that there are only a few atoms per cubic centimeter of space.&nbsp; Most of which is hydrogen.&nbsp; I guess that in that environment it's not likely that one atom will run into another.&nbsp; What I'd like to know is how tall would I be if all the atoms in my six foot two and 1/2 self were inflated to the density of just a few atoms per cubic centimeter how tall would I be?&nbsp;</p>

M

Mee_n_Mac

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'> So, you think that you don't believe that oxygen is present too in the faroff areas?&nbsp;&nbsp;Posted by <strong>Aaupaaq</strong></DIV><br /><br />Not in concentrations high enough and with energy levels high enough to "ignite".&nbsp;&nbsp; Now explain to me how your proposed "ignition" would result in radio noise in the 6-8 Ghz bands. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-----------------------------------------------------</p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask not what your Forum Software can do do on you,</font></p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask it to, please for the love of all that's Holy, <strong>STOP</strong> !</font></p> </div>

R

R1

<p><font size="2">I find its relative intensity to be strange.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; From the article:&nbsp; "The signal is measured to be six times brighter than the combined emission of all known radio sources in the universe."</font></p><p><font size="2">This seems to mean that emission measurements in every possible direction away from earth, all combined, are only 17% as bright as this mystery source.&nbsp;&nbsp; I suppose it depends on how good, or complete,&nbsp;our radio-maps are at this point in time.&nbsp; </font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

G

Gary_Peck

I am a bit baffled - If Space is a vaccum, how can noise travel through space? Please enlighten me.

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I am a bit baffled - If Space is a vaccum, how can noise travel through space? Please enlighten me. <br />Posted by Gary_Peck</DIV><br /><br />It's not noise as in sound, it's noise as in radio waves, which travel just fine in a vacuum. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

A

Aaupaaq

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Not in concentrations high enough and with energy levels high enough to "ignite".&nbsp;&nbsp; Now explain to me how your proposed "ignition" would result in radio noise in the 6-8 Ghz bands. <br /> Posted by Mee_n_Mac</DIV></p><p>In much the same way some stars give off light.&nbsp; In much the same way this glow of nebulas we see.&nbsp; Somehow, but it's hard to explain in english. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> We always walked on water, like skating! </div>

G

Gary_Peck

Can these radio waves be affected by gravity just like light being distorted by gravitational lensing. Could this be the reason SETI could not find that signal again?

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Can these radio waves be affected by gravity just like light being distorted by gravitational lensing. Could this be the reason SETI could not find that signal again? <br />Posted by Gary_Peck</DIV><br /><br />Yes, other than frequency radio waves and light are exactly the same. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts