NASA astronaut Jeanette Epps to make rookie spaceflight aboard Boeing's Starliner

Jul 30, 2020
Visit site
I wouldn't hold my breath on Starliner ever getting off the ground. Boeing has lost it's mojo. SLS is a fat laden pork pig pie that costs 1.5 billion dollars more per launch than SpaceX. Even at the proposed 90million dollar per seat cost (Boeing) vs 55 million dollar per seat cost (SpacerX) - Boeing isn't a good deal - the Russians were charging 90 million but at least could launch astronauts to the ISS - Boeing can't even get an empty capsule to the ISS. Epps joined the wrong team.

Aug 26, 2020
Visit site
I give this woman a lot of credit for flying on ANYTHING Boeing makes. Their current record with automated systems is not exactly "stellar".

It is good that more women are getting their just desserts from NASA, but I don't know if seniority plays a major role in someone ego. The two things that hurt most are toes and egos. It hurts when you step on them. As far as riding shotgun, is this the Wells Fargo coach to Flagstaff? In this year of racial injustice and gender equality, it is good to see more women of color flying under NASA, there should be more women flying in NASA; especially Native and Latina Women crew members.

Dec 20, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone explain why the Starliner program is not scrapped, right now? Why waste another dollar? Crew Dragon does the job, Starliner adds zero capability and all kinds of costs. Re-purpose the money or just burn it- still a better decision than bringing this useless lump all the way into operation as a useless redundancy .

Latest posts