NASA could send Boeing Starliner astronauts home on SpaceX Dragon

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZTOP

BANNED
Aug 6, 2024
Visit site
I'm pretty sure flight 4 was a success, considering that it accomplished all its goals and pushed Starship's development along.

Also, there are many things which can't be mathematically predicted, but still happen.
Flight 4 did not land, it sank in the ocean. Since Mars has no oceans it was a failure, sinking is not generally referred to as a success (see Titanic). That said spacex has literally claimed that every test was a success even though none landed properly which is why the FAA has not approved the vehicle for human flight. China may be more lenient

Flight 4 did not land, it sank in the ocean.

They chose to come down over the ocean for safety reasons, and I doubt Starship was designed to float.

Since Mars has no oceans it was a failure, sinking is not generally referred to as a success (see Titanic).

This wasn't a Mars landing analogue mission. It was an orbital reentry analogue mission, so it was a success. Also, the Titanic was a fully operational watercraft, not a developing Spacecraft.

That said spacex has literally claimed that every test was a success even though none landed properly which is why the FAA has not approved the vehicle for human flight.

SpaceX claims this based on goals they set out beforehand, unlike how you decide the purpose of their test afterward. Also, they landed SN15.

I don't think the FAA has even disapproved the vehicle for human flight.

ZZTOP

BANNED
Aug 6, 2024
Visit site
They chose to come down over the ocean for safety reasons, and I doubt Starship was designed to float.

This wasn't a Mars landing analogue mission. It was an orbital reentry analogue mission, so it was a success. Also, the Titanic was a fully operational watercraft, not a developing Spacecraft.

SpaceX claims this based on goals they set out beforehand, unlike how you decide the purpose of their test afterward. Also, they landed SN15.

I don't think the FAA has even disapproved the vehicle for human flight.
The starship has never landed, they tried and it blew up every time damaging the Earth, all they did with the ocean is avoid the fire. Neither of us will live to see the starship land on Mars, though it may well crash there which will be hailed as another success

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzhP3Q5fku8

Nov 8, 2023
Visit site
You do realize the Spacex President and COO, Gwynne Shotwell is an engineer with a deep resume and background in both manufacturing and space?
Her whole career before SpaceX trained her to run the company why Musk strategizes its direction. He plans, she manages, and an army of engineers and technicians executes.

SpaceX beats boeing and ULA and everybody else because there is nobody else like them. There is only one Musk (thankfully) and only one Gwynne Shotwell. Their track record says the know exactly what they're doing.
I love Elon, but Gwynne is definitely a rock star too. She deserves more praise than she gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts