NASA images show trees on Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

I have a feeling once the woos see the thread title, this will wind up in The Unexplained. We'll see how many posters actually read the article :)

B

bushwhacker

Woo-

Woo-Woo.. Trees !

Sorry i couldnt resist.. Sandslides. i did read the artical.

G

Gravity_Ray

Woggles":2je2yt71 said:

Believe me no body wants to see trees on Mars more than me, but this is a low res picture, and we humans dont really 'see' with our eyes, we see with our brains and our brains 'see' what they want to see.

Here is the hi res picture and as you can see, just sand rolling down a hill is all that its found.

http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/images/20 ... 35_cut.jpg

:lol: Thats what you get when you look at hirise pictures on the money times website. Just go to the source and you'll find more interesting pictures there.

C

CalliArcale

Gravity_Ray":2emzmit4 said:
Here is the hi res picture and as you can see, just sand rolling down a hill is all that its found.

Just? JUST??? MRO took a picture of CO2-frosted sand in the act of rolling down a hill and all you can say is "just"? It's freakin' amazing!

(Don't mind me, really, I'm just still blown away by the awesome beauty of this image. I don't dispute that it's not some sort of biological activity. I just think it's a really cool picture.)

S

silylene

So far on Mars, I have seen photos of:
the dust bunny
giant sandworms
hidden UFO's embedded in dust devils
blueberries
little animated wiggly worms in the microimager
a fossilized rotini
microscopic threads
puddles of water
a running pony inscribed on a cliff face
mud
spider dens
palm trees
a baboon skull
a few femurs
and several crustacean carpaces

And now I see copses of trees !

Woo!

G

Gravity_Ray

CalliArcale":34mszpgi said:
Gravity_Ray":34mszpgi said:

Just? JUST??? MRO took a picture of CO2-frosted sand in the act of rolling down a hill and all you can say is "just"? It's freakin' amazing!

(Don't mind me, really, I'm just still blown away by the awesome beauty of this image. I don't dispute that it's not some sort of biological activity. I just think it's a really cool picture.)

Well in my own defence I started with OH MY FREAKING GOD, THERE ARE TREES ON MARS! Heart racing way over what my age will handle, then I find out its just sand rolling down a hill. So we are comming at this from different directions. :lol:

Agreed pretty much all hirise pictures are way cool. :cool:

Y

yevaud

silylene":3fc3l0xj said:
the dust bunny
giant sandworms
blueberries
a fossilized rotini
microscopic threads
puddles of water
mud
spider dens
palm trees
a baboon skull
a few femurs

Woo!

Yeah. "Shrimp with Viskers!"

M

michaelmozina

CalliArcale":3ov24ztc said:
Gravity_Ray":3ov24ztc said:

:) I had a similar reaction. What are the odds? One in a million? :)

I agree. The recent NASA and ESA and other space missions have been producing some amazing results in the past decade. I'm in pure awe of these kinds of images.

M

michaelmozina

Gravity_Ray":gwzw76e3 said:
Woggles":gwzw76e3 said:

Believe me no body wants to see trees on Mars more than me, but this is a low res picture, and we humans dont really 'see' with our eyes, we see with our brains and our brains 'see' what they want to see.

http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/images/20 ... 35_cut.jpg

:lol: Thats what you get when you look at hirise pictures on the money times website. Just go to the source and you'll find more interesting pictures there.

Thanks for the links, I appreciate it.

J

jgrtmp

From my Military background, what looks like tree shadow is probably the strike pathes of objects from space. Take the orbital spin of Earth moving from E to W , then most strike pathes will strike an imprint to the west. Sublimation is the real equation to beat here. Thats why they never expected to see water on Mars. Now they know it was there once. If its there now its way underground. If it was in a pocket like the Tombstone, Az gold mines, sublimation would have vaporized it & it would have passed off. Vegitation is unlikely. Look at it more like a Coral Polyp. In the Ocean just so far down it can still get photosythetics. Ain't happening on Mars. You would have to have underground caverns with some sort of light generating lichens to allow any veg.

B

Boris_Badenov

Of course it's trees, where do you guys think this little fellow hides during the day?

bigfoot-mars.jpg

A

andrew_t1000

When I first saw that image I was wondering hat I was looking at.
After I read the article, I started thinking about it.
The CO2 subliming out must be pushing the darker dust up quite a few metres.
It would look pretty amazing on the ground!
The ejected material certainly has that "full of nitrogen rotten organic material" black colour.
I wonder if this is plants/lichens/moss that only get a few growing weeks a martian year, just like some of the organisms in the dry valleys down in Antarctica.

B

bearack

silylene":3iacgsjf said:
the dust bunny
giant sandworms
blueberries
a fossilized rotini
microscopic threads
puddles of water
mud
spider dens
palm trees
a baboon skull
a few femurs

Woo!

Ah, then you are missing all the other pictures, covered up by the US black ops. Wasn't there a Nazi helmet also discovered there? :eek:

According to the woo woos, Mars Pathfinder discovered artificial 'pointy things' & a turtle. MER A Spirit found petrified wood, Phoenix Mars Lander found a fossilized rodent & Viking 2 discovered a small rock with alien writing. :geek:

Talk about pathetic.

They will make issue of the MRO HiRISE images of the so called 'trees'. We know what is it really, subliming CO2 causing avalanches of dust, in the northern Martian Spring, but the woos won't get it.

Andrew Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts