NASA is Releasing New PAVs (personal Air Vehicles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

afaqurk

I was looking through NASA's Langley Resrearch Center Site. http://avst.larc.nasa.gov<br />I found that they were offering a student competition for some new air vehicles they are planning to release.<br />They say that their planes will be made AVAILABLE TO ANYONE ANYWHERE WHO CAN AFFORD IT. These planes are better, faster, and slicker than regular planes. They can seat anywhere from 3-20 people. Do you think that anyone that has the money should be allowed to get personal planes that are practically better and smaller than planes anyone has?

N

nacnud

This kind of air transport may work in a relatively sparsely populated area like the US, and I wish the concept well, but unless the cost is similar to a second hand car it is not going to effect the majority of people in the way Moller wants it to.<br /><br />However for the Emergency services a cheap VTOL would be great.<br />

A

afaqurk

(In response to nacnud)<br /><br />The cost is supposed to be taken care of. One of the main concerns acoording to this project ( as i read on the web page) is to make the aircrafts available to upper middle class citizens. And you are right about the VTOL, It would be a much needed improvement on our current emergency transport vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts