NASA`s Venus mission

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
NASA announced recently that it will send, not one, but two spacecraft to Venus this decade as part of its efforts to ramp up exploration of the closest planet to Earth.
The decision was hailed by scientists who study Venus and have felt neglected by a space agency decidedly more interested in Mars. NASA has not sent a robotic spacecraft to Venus since the launch of the Magellan orbiter in 1989. Launched by space shuttle Atlantis, Magellan made a controlled entry into the Venusian atmosphere in 1994 after collecting reams of data that have tantalized scientists ever since."

Reactions: CCooper96
Venus is nothing a gigantic nuclear bomb couldn't fix.
Blast of most of the atmosphere, wait 50 k years for radiation to settle down then 100 years of carbon fixing nano tech to fix most of the remaining c02.
Then we have an earth sized desert so bring water on a visit. :)
Or crash many mainly water comets and asteroids into it in the 50 k years of radiation.
Spinning up the planet to get a magnetic field going again could be done with the comets/asteroids.
Price and danger= astronomical.

The real problem with Venus is to much atmosphere, i think most earth sized world will end up as Venus worlds.

Reactions: vladdd1210
Sep 19, 2021
Visit site
I am personally pretty hyped about it. I mean from the scientific point of view it's one of the gratest missions yet, it gives huge opportunity for discoveries. And I highly respect that national space center is going to fulfill such risky mission. Actually they have almost unlimited recourses and governmental support to make some insane scientific discoveries.
What else is important that this mission will be a perfect experience of travel on such a huge distance so it definitely won't be useless. but yeah, because of distance and Venus "peculiarities" this mission is extremely risky. National space center can lose so much butI'm sure that they developed this mission as optimal as they could

Latest posts