NASA-sponsored moon mission will launch on a SpaceX rocket

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I see the day quickly approaching where SpaceX dictates these decisions from the front end, while NASA slowly slips into nothingness. They are quickly becoming a middle-man at best, but their are other implications with the fast ascension of SpaceX in the last few of years: This could include flight training for future pilots/astronauts. If Musk does indeed build 1,000 Starships, do you think there will be enough government funding for NASA to field and train thousands of pilots under multiple programs, or do you think SpaceX would rather just absorb it with their own capital? I think the latter makes much more sense.

Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
I see the day quickly approaching where SpaceX dictates these decisions from the front end, while NASA slowly slips into nothingness. They are quickly becoming a middle-man at best, but their are other implications with the fast ascension of SpaceX in the last few of years: This could include flight training for future pilots/astronauts. If Musk does indeed build 1,000 Starships, do you think there will be enough government funding for NASA to field and train thousands of pilots under multiple programs, or do you think SpaceX would rather just absorb it with their own capital? I think the latter makes much more sense.

Not at all NASA is the customer and the source of funding for SpaceX. SpaceX can't self-fund anything without paying customers.

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
NASA gets the fundings from the taxes and SpaceX exists cause there are investors considering space colonization a good idea. It is just a matter of time when they stop giving money to SpaceX while NASA is supported by taxes throughout the time.

Latest posts