NASA's new LRO will photograph Apollo landing sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smersh

<span class="postbody">I've just been watching Sir Patrick Moore's "Sky at Night" programme, in which the NASA Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, scheduled to be launched in late 2008, was discussed. <br /> <br />It was said that this craft will have powerful enough cameras to not only photograph the Apollo landing sites, equipment left behind, and flags, but even the tracks in the dust left by the lunar rovers. <br /> <br /> http://lunar.gsfc.nasa.gov/ <br /> <br /> Cue the conspiracy theories I suppose, before it's even launched ... [insert "rolling eyes" emoticon here.]</span> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <h1 style="margin:0pt;font-size:12px">----------------------------------------------------- </h1><p><font color="#800000"><em>Lady Nancy Astor: "Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea."<br />Churchill: "Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it."</em></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Website / forums </strong></font></p> </div>

Q

qso1

<p>Yep...including conspiracists who believe the LRO mission will be faked just to support the faked lunar landings. Nothing will convince a hard core conspiracist otherwise, except maybe being sent to the moon.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Imagine being a conspiracist whos real goal was to bag a lunar mission and part of the agreement is to tell the world we really went to the moon because they saw the evidence from lunar orbit first hand.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

S

Smersh

<p><strong>... Imagine being a conspiracist whos real goal was to bag a lunar mission and part of the agreement is to tell the world we really went to the moon because they saw the evidence from lunar orbit first hand.&nbsp; </strong><br /><strong> Posted by qso1</strong></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>A hard-core conspiracist would probably not even believe his or her own mission, if they went there, saying afterwards it was a computerised simulation, or something ... &nbsp;</p><p>I believe one of the goals of the NASA LRO is to search out possible sites for a permanent lunar base. With cameras that are<em> that </em>powerful, I would think they'll be able to find somewhere very suitable. <br /> </p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <h1 style="margin:0pt;font-size:12px">----------------------------------------------------- </h1><p><font color="#800000"><em>Lady Nancy Astor: "Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea."<br />Churchill: "Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it."</em></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Website / forums </strong></font></p> </div>

Q

qso1

<p>A hardcore conspiracist who wouldn't even beleive they were there is simply insane. But I can easily imagine such a person in which case, NASA would have been scammed.</p><p>Your right, LRO will probably turn up plenty of candidate sites, especially in the area of interest which last I checked was Shackleton crater.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

H

holmec

<p>Sounds Great!</p><p>Love to see those pics! </p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#0000ff"><em>"SCE to AUX" - John Aaron, curiosity pays off</em></font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts