NASA's OSIRIS-REx spacecraft aces asteroid-sampling dress rehearsal

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Why do they feel the need to combine the green-skinned god of the underworld, lord of the afterlife and judge of the dead Osiris with a dinosaur for the name? Are they trying to tell us something? Not to mention Osiris's sister and wife's name was no other then ISIS. Hmmm Reptile and Egyptian god related to a terrorist group. OK :D ;)You can't tell me the people that name these things don't know this history.

Last edited:

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Why do they feel the need to combine the green-skinned god of the underworld, lord of the afterlife and judge of the dead Osiris with a dinosaur for the name? Are they trying to tell us something? Not to mention Osiris's sister and wife's name was no other then ISIS. Hmmm Reptile and Egyptian god related to a terrorist group. OK :D ;)You can't tell me the people that name these things don't know this history.
Come on TS7 Rex is just Latin for king:
'Tyrannosaurus rex. [ (ti-ran-uh-sawr-uhs reks) ] A large, carnivorous (see carnivore) dinosaur that walked on two legs. Its name is from the Greek words meaning “tyrant” and “lizard” and the Latin word for “king”. '
Stretching it a bit to confine it to dinosaurs ;)

Cat

Reactions: dfjchem721
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Come on TS7 Rex is just Latin for king:
'Tyrannosaurus rex. [ (ti-ran-uh-sawr-uhs reks) ] A large, carnivorous (see carnivore) dinosaur that walked on two legs. Its name is from the Greek words meaning “tyrant” and “lizard” and the Latin word for “king”. '
Stretching it a bit to confine it to dinosaurs ;)

Cat
Apparently you miss read what I typed. I was also talking an Egyptian god. Why don't you try rereading. How often do you see Rex used other then with Tyrannosaurus? What are you even getting at because what you said makes no sense.

Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Yeah, well . . . . . . . . .
As far as rex is concerned we meet the word on a daily basis.
As a monarchy, our coins have around the edge:
Monarch D G REX or REG F D as in
George VI DEI GRATIA (by the will of God) Rex (King) Fidei defensor (Defender of the Faith).
So rex or regina jingles around in our pockets. Might even be in your pocket if you have any very old coins.

The name Rex means King from the Latin. Rex is a common boys' name. Rex Harrison, actor. Rex Reed, journalist and thousands more.

Then you have the well known classic Oedipus Rex, also known by its Greek title, Oedipus Tyrannus (Ancient Greek: Οἰδίπους Τύραννος, pronounced [oidípoːs týrannos]), or Oedipus the King, so Tyrannosaurus Rex means King king, and so it goes on . . . and on . . . and on . . .

Good old Rex just keep popping up all over the place.
Try thinking "rex" every time the coins jingle in your pocket.
Good Luck and Best Wishes, and I hope you have many jingling coins to remember our Rex by.

Cat ;)

Reactions: dfjchem721
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Yeah, well . . . . . . . . .
As far as rex is concerned we meet the word on a daily basis.
As a monarchy, our coins have around the edge:
Monarch D G REX or REG F D as in
George VI DEI GRATIA (by the will of God) Rex (King) Fidei defensor (Defender of the Faith).
So rex or regina jingles around in our pockets. Might even be in your pocket if you have any very old coins.

The name Rex means King from the Latin. Rex is a common boys' name. Rex Harrison, actor. Rex Reed, journalist and thousands more.

Then you have the well known classic Oedipus Rex, also known by its Greek title, Oedipus Tyrannus (Ancient Greek: Οἰδίπους Τύραννος, pronounced [oidípoːs týrannos]), or Oedipus the King, so Tyrannosaurus Rex means King king, and so it goes on . . . and on . . . and on . . .

Good old Rex just keep popping up all over the place.
Try thinking "rex" every time the coins jingle in your pocket.
Good Luck and Best Wishes, and I hope you have many jingling coins to remember our Rex by.

Cat ;)
How often do you see Rex and Osiris together? So even on your own words. King and an Egyptian god who's wife-girlfriend was ISIS. In reality on a daily basis you very rarely see the Rex unless it is with a Tyrannosaurus Rex. That is the reality of it. Do you think these NASA entities just pulled the names out there Arses for shites and giggles? In other words Lizard God King. Although even Jim Morrison at one point thought he was the Lizard King.

Latest posts