NASA's website budget links

Page 4 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EarthlingX

MeteorWayne":3fankndw said:
It will be replayed on NASA TV at 3PM and 6PM EST today (It's actually being replayed right now, but is almost over)

It's worth a listen to hear what the NASA Administrator has to say if you're seriously interested in the issue.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfGo2ugcG48[/youtube]

M

moreandless

i wouldn't laugh if the plan fails but more than likely cry
as a technician there are many times when i feel the need to take a break
and re-examine the way i am trying to solve a problem
especially as i get older and set in my ways.
thanks for the info MW,a must read
as someone said earlier there are important industrial science missions
to the moon or mars that need to be carried out in order to make
manned missions with meaningful results; in the meantime lets
give the private sector a chance to offer us cost effective ways to LEO
the shuttle after all has been costing us about a billion per mission

E

EarthlingX

This is also related, and some interesting parts (Twitter #JSCbolden) :
Non TV press conference 2010.02.08 :
Realtime results for #JSCbolden

Astro_Sugar #JSCBolden A: As long as I'm here, the new program is going to be international in nature. It's easy 4 admin to back out if it is just US
about 15 hours ago from web

Astro_Sugar #JSCBolden A: NASA is trying to help with STEM education but we will not become the Dept of Education.
about 15 hours ago from web
Astro_Sugar #JSCBolden A: We have milestones for bringing commercial cargo to ISS. Companies need to meet those milestones.
about 14 hours ago from web

Astro_Sugar #JSCBolden A: Would love to have redundant, reliable access to space. To get to LEO, want to have >1 company/vehicle to get to space.

Astro_Sugar #JSCBolden A: If you are going to bring in people from CA into FL, you're not creating jobs. Need to train the people we have currently.

Astro_Sugar #JSCBolden A: I don't think there is but that's just an example. VASIMR engine; ION engine; etc.

Astro_Sugar #JSCBolden A: What do we want to keep from Cx and not throw away? The rover that some of you saw - there may be something better than that.

Astro_Sugar #JSCBolden A: In our business, he who have the first HLLV is the leader and I want to be the first.

N

nimbus

At the next press release, someone needs to bounce off Bolden why focusing on NASA being at the bleeding edge isn't the best way to spur on students to buy into STEM.

E

EarthlingX

NASA Launches Private Firms into Space Race
By Irene Klotz | Tue Feb 9, 2010 07:00 AM ET
THE GIST:

* NASA is seeding the development of commercial orbital passenger spaceships.
* NASA's budget proposal includes $6 billion over five years for commercial crew spaceships.
* "Fly commercial" advocates expect first flights by 2014.
Boeing capsule:
spacecraft-278x225.jpg

NASA Selects Boeing for American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Award to Study Crew Capsule-based Design
HOUSTON, Feb. 2, 2010 -- The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] was selected by NASA on Feb. 1 to develop critical technologies and capabilities for the space agency's Commercial Crew Development (CCDev) initiative, which offers an opportunity for the aerospace industry to develop concepts for future crewed space missions.

The funded Space Act Agreement for the CCDev project is valued at $18 million.

E

EarthlingX

G

Gravity_Ray

Well the 2011 budget at first blush looks interesting to say the least.

I only scanned it, and will read it more closely when I get home, but it seems to have everything I always wanted, so obviously the Immoral Congress will hate it. :roll:

M

MeteorWayne

EarthlingX":1lubmfgv said:
Verbal Testimony by Miles O'Brien: Senate Hearing on NASA's FY 2011 Budget

Testimony by Miles O'Brien?? :)

M

menellom

This new detailed budget has me excited. In just a few weeks since the initial announcement, they've really hammered out the details and it's all looking good for the most part. There going to be spending billions on new research and development, everything from propulsion to life support to new habitats. Plus NIACs being restarted (joy!).

At this point I'm optimistic that since we saw this detailed budget come out so soon, we'll probably see a detailed 'plan' as far as destination goes within a month.

E

EarthlingX

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btc70vURm4o[/youtube]

www.nasa.gov : Office of the Chief Technologist
NASA's Chief Technologist serves as the NASA Administrator's principal advisor and advocate on matters concerning agency-wide technology policy and programs. The Office of the Chief Technologist (OCT) is responsible for direct management of NASA's Space Technology programs and for coordination and tracking of all technology investments across the agency. The office also serves as the NASA technology point of entry and contact with other government agencies, academia and the commercial aerospace community. The office is responsible for developing and executing innovative technology partnerships, technology transfer and commercial activities and the development of collaboration models for NASA.

J

James_Bull

Hey, thanks for your help Earthling (what a name!) but I dont think they were the slides he used. One of them in particular was a graph of the amount of chemical propellent mass required for trips beyond the Earths gravity well.

E

EarthlingX

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ollX4iUcdU[/youtube]
NASA's Office of the Chief Technologist will complement the technology development activities within NASA's Mission Directorates, leveraging synergies between them, and delivering forward-reaching technology solutions for future NASA science and exploration missions, and significant national needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts