New Earth?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newtonian

dannyd - Reminds me of the classic Sci.fi movie "The Day the Earth stood still." And the poignant conversation between the peace loving alien and the young boy about war - where the alien states - we have no war and the boy responds - what a wonderful idea! (paraphrased from memory.<br /><br />Actually, the Bible uses the phrase "New Earth" at Isaiah 65:17-25; Revelation 21:1-5 and:<br /><br />(2 Peter 3:13) . . .But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.<br /><br />Isaiah 11:3-9 shows this is talking about this earth, but without war and the many other problems plaguing this earth and this time.<br /><br />My point being, why not consider living in harmony with nature (and our Creator) and look forward to living forever on a paradise earth.<br /><br />This earth, but made new!<br /><br />Sadly, at this time man in ruining the earth, which is also foretold at Revelation 11:18.

Q

qso1

That is going to be one h**l of a scope! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Q

qso1

Certainly appears a race is on to image the first earthlike world. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Q

qso1

Spectroscopy will almost certainly tell the tale. As I recall, you can get several telltale elements through spectral analysis. O2 as you mentioned, O3 (Ozone), CH3 (Methane), CO2 (Carbon dioxide).<br /><br />You mentioned chlorophyll, I wasn't aware that you could detect it but you mentioned it not being that easy to detect. But if detected, the implications would be staggering to say the least. Especially if all the elements are detected. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.