new NASA's Mars 2020 name

The name should be Insufficient.
I suggest SUV sized rovers, capable of high speed autonomous travel, 10 meter deep core drilling, and complete onboard sample processing. It should be capable of launching drones and/or balloons with high resolution cameras to take HiRes low altitude photos, and relay the photos to Earth. Two such rovers is preferable. I

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
Perseverance is considered to be an attribute of humanity and the name is inspiring to me as a secular person.

Mental Avenger, I appreciate that the rover should have room for the kids but driving an SUV to Mars would take a lot of gas. Can't small drones and their balloons fit into a smaller vehicle? Alternative names I might choose would be "Ivan Illich" or "Neo."

[redacted]

Thread hijacking is against the rules.
Lutfij

Last edited by a moderator:
Mental Avenger, I appreciate that the rover should have room for the kids but driving an SUV to Mars would take a lot of gas. Can't small drones and their balloons fit into a smaller vehicle?
Ignoring your sophomoric digs, one purpose of an SUV sized rover would be, as stated, high speed autonomous travel, something the small rovers cannot do. The size also permits a LOT more instrumentation. Drones on Mars will require huge rotors to fly in the extremely thin atmosphere, requiring a great deal of space both in transport and in launch. 10 meter core drilling would require a large platform and a great deal of power.

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
What is sophomoric of being critical of SUVs when our entire existence is threatened by SUVs? The thing you are ignoring is mass, not a sophomore. Why don't we send a nuclear bomb up there? We are going to need to defend our new minerals.

Latest posts