Newfound exoplanet could be 'Rosetta Stone' for studies of alien atmospheres

"But there's still ample reason to get excited about Gliese 486 b. For example, its proximity to Earth and other characteristics make it a great laboratory for learning about planetary atmospheres, Trifonov said." My observation. Very good spectroscopic observations of the exoplanet may disclose atmosphere and composition. Some hot jupiters and others are known, this will be an interesting report if confirmed published later.

Reactions: Helio
"But there's still ample reason to get excited about Gliese 486 b. For example, its proximity to Earth and other characteristics make it a great laboratory for learning about planetary atmospheres, Trifonov said." My observation. Very good spectroscopic observations of the exoplanet may disclose atmosphere and composition. Some hot jupiters and others are known, this will be an interesting report if confirmed published later.
Since it transits with the small star, the change in stellar spectra should reveal important data for the planet’s atm.

I calculate the planet’s separation to be less than 2 thousandths of an arcsec., but I’m not confident when doing such math on an iPhone. If correct, and given the glare, it will be impressive if any direct observation can be accomplished.