no space monsters? *DELETED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mytheory

Post deleted by mytheory <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="font-weight:bold" class="Apple-style-span">@LEX</span> </div>

A

adrenalynn

Have you considered the time scale we're talking about here? What if intelligent life existed 7B years ago, stopped by and found the planet cooling and not yet habitable?<br /><br />What if ET won't exist for another 13B years? <br /><br />Although it's conceited to believe we're alone, it's equally conceited to believe that we exist in the same period. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>.</p><p><font size="3">bipartisan</font>  (<span style="color:blue" class="pointer"><span class="pron"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="2">bī-pär'tĭ-zən, -sən</font></span></span>) [Adj.]  Maintaining the ability to blame republications when your stimulus plan proves to be a devastating failure.</p><p><strong><font color="#ff0000"><font color="#ff0000">IMPE</font><font color="#c0c0c0">ACH</font> <font color="#0000ff"><font color="#c0c0c0">O</font>BAMA</font>!</font></strong></p> </div>

P

pyoko

No, they wipe themselves out when they develop huge colliders and experiment with miniature black holes. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p><p><span style="color:#ff9900" class="Apple-style-span">-pyoko</span> <span style="color:#333333" class="Apple-style-span">the</span> <span style="color:#339966" class="Apple-style-span">duck </span></p><p><span style="color:#339966" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="color:#808080;font-style:italic" class="Apple-style-span">It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.</span></span></p> </div>

M

mytheory

Post deleted by mytheory <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="font-weight:bold" class="Apple-style-span">@LEX</span> </div>

Q

qso1

mytheory:<br />Why haven't we heard from or encountered any extraterrestrial beings yet?<br /><br />Me:<br />Suppose that Extra Terrestrial Intelligences (ETI) are not that common. Say there are maybe ten at our level in this entire galaxy and maybe a hundred at the western day or further back in time level. The ten that are at our level could easily be too far from us. Say the nearest one is just 12 thousand Ly distant. They won't know about us through our electromagnetic emissions for nearly 12K ly yet. Same with us if these civs only recently began emitting deliberate electromagnetic radiation. Maybe one of the ten civs somehow destroyed themselves but its not an absolute necessity for any of them to do so when invoking a model such as this.<br /><br />Another point to consider. We have only been capable of electromagnetic communications of any sort of strength for about a century give or take. Its far too early to decide ETIs are destroying themselves, or simply do not exist based on evidence available so far which is practically nil. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

P

pyoko

Wherever you 'go', you will be very dead before you arrive. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p><p><span style="color:#ff9900" class="Apple-style-span">-pyoko</span> <span style="color:#333333" class="Apple-style-span">the</span> <span style="color:#339966" class="Apple-style-span">duck </span></p><p><span style="color:#339966" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="color:#808080;font-style:italic" class="Apple-style-span">It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.</span></span></p> </div>

N

nexium

Most of the 6.6 billion humans have met an ET face to face, but the MIB = men in black used their flashy thingy on us, so we don't remember, or perhaps the 2 MIB movies are not accurate documentaries?<br />Seriously there are thousands of possible explanations about as probable as the MIB hypothesis. Neil

M

mytheory

"Wherever you 'go', you will be very dead before you arrive." <br /><br />unless you've had hundreds of millions or billions of years to advance your technology so far that you could go as far or as fast as you wanted to. Humans have only just discovered how to fly, what will we be capable of in a couple of thousand years, let alone millions. We have no idea what's possible yet when it comes to space travel. Once scientists believe nothing could travel faster then the speed of light, but now we know that's not true. Robots don't die and don't need food or water to keep going. plus they could probably cope with traveling at high rates of speed better then living things. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="font-weight:bold" class="Apple-style-span">@LEX</span> </div>

Q

qso1

I don't buy the MIB hypothesis anyway. I more or less think its the rare ETI theory but as you pointed out, there are still thousands of possible explanations at this point. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

P

pyoko

In a couple of million years, we will be able to (maybe) make fire, and hold a big stick to club 5-eyes elepharattataalaors on the head with. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p><p><span style="color:#ff9900" class="Apple-style-span">-pyoko</span> <span style="color:#333333" class="Apple-style-span">the</span> <span style="color:#339966" class="Apple-style-span">duck </span></p><p><span style="color:#339966" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="color:#808080;font-style:italic" class="Apple-style-span">It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.</span></span></p> </div>

Q

qso1

The popular movies men in black (MIB) are based on the idea that there is a vast government conspiracy to cover uf the proposed alien origins of UFOs. These MIB are usually agents of the CIA, NSA or other top security government agency sent out to dispell any reports of sightings of UFOs. If that cannot be done, discredit the alledged witnesses of sightings, abductions etc.<br /><br />In the movie, the MIB used memory erasing devices apparently provided by the aliens to wipe out the memories of earthlings that are not supposed to know about ETs and this in itself is just a play on the theory that ET would wipe out or control humanity in the same way. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

A

alokmohan

There are lot who belive in it.Govt is conspring to hide.ha ha ha

M

mytheory

you must be thinking of a couple of million years B.C. Why would our technology not advance by then? How old are you by the way, Pyoko? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="font-weight:bold" class="Apple-style-span">@LEX</span> </div>

N

nexium

It is possible we will plunge humanity back into the stone age by war and/or natural diasters such as a large asteroid hit. It could be 2 million years, before we could again swing a club efficently. More likely we would recover much of our present technology in about 1000 years. Neil

Q

qso1

alokmohan:<br />There are lot who belive in it.Govt is conspring to hide.ha ha ha <br /><br />Me:<br />Certainly true. This has been a popular theory since at least the 1960s. I saw some elements of it in a conversation taking place in the movie Easy Rider. 1950s sci fi allude to coverups as well. Could the government be covering up an ET presence? Who knows but for now, I'm not convinced. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

O

olivebird111

ya, they always try something out of science fiction, and..after they FINALLY did it, they just HAD to test it you know?....

A

adrenalynn

When has there ever been any great government conspiracy in the last umpteen years that hasn't been exposed readily, commentated, compared, and basically beaten to death in the media?<br /><br />And some senator or another that wants to make a name for themselves and run for the next presidential nomination would immediately roll-over on the incumbant to make themselves appear the hero - happens daily.<br /><br />"A secret is only a secret when only two people know it... And one of them is dead." [Unattributed, sorry] <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>.</p><p><font size="3">bipartisan</font>  (<span style="color:blue" class="pointer"><span class="pron"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="2">bī-pär'tĭ-zən, -sən</font></span></span>) [Adj.]  Maintaining the ability to blame republications when your stimulus plan proves to be a devastating failure.</p><p><strong><font color="#ff0000"><font color="#ff0000">IMPE</font><font color="#c0c0c0">ACH</font> <font color="#0000ff"><font color="#c0c0c0">O</font>BAMA</font>!</font></strong></p> </div>

Q

qso1

I can't think of any. However, the government can keep a secret reasonably well if it so desires. Stealth aircraft tech was a well kept secret until the DOD finally released the first public images of the F-117. Of all the hypothetical concepts floating around at that time. None that I can recall bore resemblance to the F-117 that finally emerged. Once most experts saw the F-117, they commented on a plane that looked like it shouldn't even fly.<br /><br />By the same token, the fact that there were even hypothetical concepts and public discussion about stealth shows even that secret was not totally kept.<br /><br />Conspiracy proponents will tell you that even the UFO coverup is not a well kept secret because many folks connected to all the going ons have come forward. Only problem is, they almost always come forward with unverifiable evidence or info.<br /><br />Therefore, I always look at it like this...its possible there is a conspiracy within government regarding the coverup of ET visitation...but based on the evidence I have seen so far, including that which you mentioned...I'm not convinced. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts