Question No theory of quantum gravity

Sep 17, 2020
Hi. I'm a biologist, but I have been reading books about physics and cosmology since I was young. So I'd like for someone who understands physics much better than me to answer my question.

I've always considered the scientific method the best way we have to understand reality. Still I believe that reality is far too complex to pretend that everything in the Universe can be understood by the human mind, except through complex models (effective and useful, but still approximations).

Right now we have the standard model that has managed to describe the entirety of matter and forces down to their elementary constituents, and we have general relativity that has managed to explain gravity through changes in the geometry of spacetime and so to describe cosmological events.

If we treat gravity as other forces and assume it can be quantized, either we quantize the very fabric of spacetime or we assume it is mediated by particles. Both the approaches have been tried without being able to gather experimental evidence in decades.

So if general relativity gives uncorrect results only in extreme situations such as beyond the event horizons of black holes or the beginning of the universe (or of its current cycle), and it's even possible that gravity can't be quantized, why it has to be unified with quantum mechanics? Isn't it possible that gravity can't be quantized, that the Universe isn't elegant or perfectly symmetrical, and that we can't have a "theory of everything"?

Mar 5, 2020
There is a quantum theory of gravitation.

The first copy was exchanged for better prison living conditions.

The second copy got nothing.

It was a limited time offer.

IMO Gravity is simply a compression of quantum fluctuation.
As quantum fluctuation is compressed so is time/activity.
A black hole just a compression of movement and time self regulated as time compresses as gravity increases.
Clock runs very slow in a black hole.

Gravity travels at instant speed because it doesn't interact with quantum fluctuation.
Somewhat like a neutrino being able to travel through a planet with no interaction.

One travels at the wave of quantum fluctuation (neutrino) missing almost everything since it travels on the crest of the tiniest thing possible.
One travels in the void between quantum fluctuation (gravity) going at instant speed through void space between fluctuation.

JMO but as good as any idea about gravity and the true nature of the universe.

Sep 19, 2020
Hi. I'm a biologist, but I have been reading books about physics and cosmology since I was young. So I'd like for someone who understands physics much better than me to answer my question.

I've always considered the scientific method the best way we have to understand reality. Still I believe that reality is far too complex to pretend that everything in the Universe can be understood by the human mind, except through complex models (effective and useful, but still approximations).

Right now we have the standard model that has managed to describe the entirety of matter and forces down to their elementary constituents, and we have general relativity that has managed to explain gravity through changes in the geometry of spacetime and so to describe cosmological events.

If we treat gravity as other forces and assume it can be quantized, either we quantize the very fabric of spacetime or we assume it is mediated by particles. Both the approaches have been tried without being able to gather experimental evidence in decades.

So if general relativity gives uncorrect results only in extreme situations such as beyond the event horizons of black holes or the beginning of the universe (or of its current cycle), and it's even possible that gravity can't be quantized, why it has to be unified with quantum mechanics? Isn't it possible that gravity can't be quantized, that the Universe isn't elegant or perfectly symmetrical, and that we can't have a "theory of everything"?
Your topic is interesting.but very long.can yoi make short and sweet questioms..?

ASK THE COMMUNITY