Noob in space

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seed

Hi, I have a really "noobish" question, enough to be embarrassed about asking it, but I'll go ahead anyway.<br />How can i find a sky map of what's visible from my area/city each specific night?

U

usn_skwerl

go to www.heavens-above.com for one example. select your location from the database or map, then go to the bold "astronomy" text. H-A is a pretty good site that shows a lot of the stuff goin on up there. enjoy!<br /><br />Jeph <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

datalor

Welcome to SDC, and dont ever be embarrassed to ask questions! Lots of big brains here that are housed inside nice folks (well mostly, lol) and more than willing to help out.<br />Remember also, Google is your friend, try doing a search on your specific region. Be as specific as possible in your search terms. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

adrenalynn

I always recommend the Backyard/Hobbiest version of StarryNight. They're also our hosts here at this forum. http://www.starrynightstore.com/<br /><br />If that's not in the budget, have a look at the free/open-source planetarium software Stellarium. http://www.stellarium.org/<br /><br />Stellarium will show you where everything is in your sky, all the time, in real-time. Just tell it where you live. It's similar to Starry Night, but open source.<br /><br />Welcome to SDC!<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>.</p><p><font size="3">bipartisan</font>  (<span style="color:blue" class="pointer"><span class="pron"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="2">bī-pär'tĭ-zən, -sən</font></span></span>) [Adj.]  Maintaining the ability to blame republications when your stimulus plan proves to be a devastating failure.</p><p><strong><font color="#ff0000"><font color="#ff0000">IMPE</font><font color="#c0c0c0">ACH</font> <font color="#0000ff"><font color="#c0c0c0">O</font>BAMA</font>!</font></strong></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.