Northupp's Composite Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

annodomini2

Well now that nasa has a working composite Tank, anyone think they'll pull their finger out and finally complete the X33/Venture Star? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

R

rogers_buck

Did they ever take delivery of a Li metal hydrogen tank from the Russians? I seem to recall that "tanked" as well... The composite tank was for the O2 as I recall (at least originally).<br />

B

bobvanx

I had an engineer friend on the DC-X project, the failure of the Russians to follow through with a Li-Al propellant tank really bothered him.<br /><br />Recall that Rotary Rocket claimed to have a proprietary lining that allowed them to have a LOX composite tank.

B

bobvanx

>and finally complete the X33/Venture Star?<br /><br />Gosh I hope not.

N

najab

><i>Gosh I hope not.</i><p>Why? Who cares if it had totally unrealistic design goals, a pittyful payload mass fraction and would never have been economical to run - it looked <i>cool!</i></p>

S

scottb50

By the end, when it had sprouted wings, it didn't look too cool. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

R

rogers_buck

When it became obvious it would have to start flapping them to get into the air it looked even less cool.<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts