Object in the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aj

Last Night (4-9-08) I was in my back yard in orlando florida between 8:15 and 9:30 pm&nbsp;when I observed a bright object moving roughly from the sw to the ne. It was clear till about 45 degrees in the eastern sky when it flashed briefly then disappeared. I was wondering if anyone might know what I saw last night, I checked on the ISS but it is not over head again till this friday. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

Cassini12

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Last Night (4-9-08) I was in my back yard in orlando florida between 8:15 and 9:30 pm&nbsp;when I observed a bright object moving roughly from the sw to the ne. It was clear till about 45 degrees in the eastern sky when it flashed briefly then disappeared. I was wondering if anyone might know what I saw last night, I checked on the ISS but it is not over head again till this friday. <br />Posted by aj</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;Was it a bright "orange" color?</p>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Last Night (4-9-08) I was in my back yard in orlando florida between 8:15 and 9:30 pm&nbsp;when I observed a bright object moving roughly from the sw to the ne. It was clear till about 45 degrees in the eastern sky when it flashed briefly then disappeared. I was wondering if anyone might know what I saw last night, I checked on the ISS but it is not over head again till this friday. <br />Posted by aj</DIV></p><p>How long was it visible?</p><p>Did you look on the Heavens Above page for other satellites that might have been visible?</p><p>How bright was it, realtive to the stars in any nearby constellation you recognize?</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

A

aj

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;Was it a bright "orange" color? <br />Posted by Cassini12</DIV><br /><br />It was as bright as saturn and did not have a tail it was very slow moving and it it did not travel all the way to the horizon and at 45 degrees it pulsed once and lasted about 30 seconds more then just winked out. its color was a white or blue white in color <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

aj

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>How long was it visible?Did you look on the Heavens Above page for other satellites that might have been visible?How bright was it, realtive to the stars in any nearby constellation you recognize? <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV><br /><br />From the the time I first noticed it (it was already over head) it lasted about 1:30 to 2 mintues maybe. it was as bright as saturn and it crossed the upper portion of orion. its color was white to blue white. I looked but did not find anything in heavens about page but might have missed it if it was there <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

aphh

It could be an unknown classified satellite. <br /><br />Not all reconnaisance satellites are well known to publish their orbits, and because of camouflage they may be visible only in very limited viewing opportunity.

A

aphh

<p>I just spent an hour outside pointing a standard 10x50 binoculars at various sectors. I could detect atleast one satellite that was not listed by Heavens Above.</p><p>It was not visible with the naked eye, but I think a unlisted satellite like that could give out enough reflection to be visible in just the right conditions. </p>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I just spent an hour outside pointing a standard 10x50 binoculars at various sectors. I could detect atleast one satellite that was not listed by Heavens Above.It was not visible with the naked eye, but I think a unlisted satellite like that could give out enough reflection to be visible in just the right conditions. <br />Posted by aphh</DIV></p><p>Another possibility is a plane refelecting the sun. It reflects light off the bottom and can be quite bright, then as it banks to make the turn you get a flash from the windows.</p><p>I think I saw one of them at 4:33 AM this morning.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts