Object Locators...

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

votefornimitz

<p>Ok, so with the recent Orion Gift Certificate I received I decided that I was going to get a Dobsonian (It'll take care of a little less that 1/2 the shipping, but hey) from the Orion telescope online store. I've decided that an 8 inch aperture telescope is within my price range (If I stopped wasting away my money on soda), but have come upon a conundrum...</p><p>There are 3 telescopes I am looking at,</p><p>SkyQuest XT8 IntelliScope with Object Locator </p><p>SkyQuest XT8 IntelliScope w/o Object Locator </p><p>SkyQuest XT8 Classic with Bonus Accessory Pack</p><p>Now there is a large price difference in each of these scopes, namely whether or not it comes with, or is compatible with an object locator. Now, granted, I think an object locator would be neat to have, but in the long run, I think it will prevent me from actually knowing where things are in the sky, as well as the fact they are very expensive, meaning I could get a cheaper one and get maybe a solar filter instead.... I know how to use a star chart&nbsp; and am pretty well versed in finding messier objects via charts, so I don't think I need an object locator.... Any opinions on what I should do?</p><p>&nbsp;EDIT: I considered this a distict enough topic to not go under "First Telescope" thread... If mods feel otherwise, feel free to move, not that you needed my permission...</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

V

votefornimitz

<p>Well, I don't have alot of space, and am going to have to keep the scope in a dorm room in a little over a year and a half, So I though I'd get something with decent aperture, but not something its going to take a team to get in and out of the house... </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

V

votefornimitz

<p>Kinda was hoping for a second opinion on this...</p><p>And I am 40$ closer to my goal as of now, Having amounted 236$... </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts