Observation regarding Dish Network and Directv

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vogon13

<p>I have mentioned this to a few other installers lately and thought I would share it here.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I have noted in all my dealings with Dish Network and Directv that I have a 100% perfect record of being absolutely correct on any instance I have ever had&nbsp; in informing either Dish or Directv that they were doing something totally stupid.&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I also note, any other installer I have talked to about this, has also had several instances of informing either Dish or Directv they were doing something stupid, and to no avail.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>It would seem to me, that if I were in charge of either the Dish or Directv customer service call center, that if anyone invoked the magic phrase "You people are sure doing something stupid" (or a reasonable permutation thereof) the call would immediately transfer to a supervisor.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>In the case of Dish, I would also add another 'filter', in that if an installer called in and used the phrase, "Here we go again, you are&nbsp; doing the same stupid thing that I have already been through before 10 times", that call would immediately transfer to the Dish Executive Response Team.&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I am just speculating, but if I were a stockholder in either company . . . </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{15 minute break for self induced convulsive laughter attack}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{regaining composure}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{whoops, uncontrollable laughter for another 10 minutes}&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{OK, I'm going to resume post now}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{10 minutes more laughter, punctuated by plaintive looks from family members wondering what is so damn funny}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{wiping tears of laughter from face}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{I'm OK now, really}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{snicker, no I'm not}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{5 more minutes laughing and a potty break}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{cat looking at me funny regarding giggling disturbing feline sleep pattern}&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{imagine cat managing Dish Network more efficiently than current executive staff, grand mal laughing seizure triggered for another 20 minutes}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{concerned family indicating calling 911 is now on the table if I can't explain what is so damn funny}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{cat leaves room, disgusted, and entirely too alert now}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{at last, regaining composure, attempting to complete post today}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{where was I?}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{oh, yeah}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{being a stock holder of either Dish or Directv}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{snicker}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{laugh}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{chortle}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{ROFLMAO}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{nevermind . . . . }</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

S

scottb50

<p>I don't see that as any different then the way any copany today handles complaints or critisism. They send their call centers to India or Pakistan and care about customer, contractor or employee input like it's idle chatter at a cocktail party.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>If it doesn't come from a highly paid consultant or a stockholder they could care less.</p><p>The one thing that does matter is instant access and both Direct TV and Dish can supply it. Cell phone networks and Wi-Fi have limitations that either or both could provide a solution for.</p><p>A few months ago there was a big rumor ATT was going to buy Dish for just this reason rather then buying and launching a complex network themselves. With the tv cell phones and such it's probably just a matter of time before this happens. &nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

docm

<p>AT&T already has their own optical digital network with U-Verse and they've been offering a Dish Network bundle with their DSL & phone service for ages.</p><p>As for Dish's call center - every time we call regarding a servce issue like upgrading to HD or a problem with billing or a box it's good ole' USA people we're talking to, right down to the&nbsp;regional accents.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

scottb50

<p>[.As for Dish's call center - every time we call regarding a servce issue like upgrading to HD or a problem with billing or a box it's good ole' USA people we're talking to, right down to the&nbsp;regional accents. <br /> Posted by docm[/QUOTE]</p><p>My wifes IPOD had a weak left channel and I called the help line. While we were waiting for it to boot back up and reload the music he told me they were just outside St Paul and it wasn't quite as&nbsp; nice as it was here in Phoenix.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

So, are your Installer Support people in India?&nbsp; After all, everyone else's call center personel are.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

C

CalliArcale

<p>For instance, there is a growing trend of opening call centers in the Plains States.&nbsp; Some companies have realized they can further defray costs by opening their call center on a reservation, because there are certain grants that can become available then.&nbsp; But the main advantage is you don't have to train anybody.&nbsp; And the way the economy is going right now, American labor is not quite as expensive as it was.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Unrelated note: this thread was right next to one about Proton when I loaded the SB&T forum.&nbsp; I find this amusing, since a Proton's Briz-M upper stage just failed when&nbsp; attempting to deliver a satellite for the Dish network.&nbsp; ;-)</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

B

billslugg

<p>Vog</p><p>First you go to dishnetwork.com "About Us" then "Company Profile" and find out it is actually EchoStar Communications Corporation, a public company headquartered in Englewood, CO.&nbsp; Then you go to&nbsp; "Learn More" and&nbsp; then you see where you can&nbsp; e-mail the executive team at: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; executivecustomerservice@echostar.com&nbsp;</p><p>Of course the letter must be neutral in tone, full of excruciating detail, and ask to be put in touch with someone who can help you.</p><p>If that does not work, by reffering to the executive structure you will find that Erik Carlson serves as the Executive Vice President of Operations for DISH Network. I would never suggest looking up his number and calling at home. If you search the yellow and white pages you will find that EchoStar in Englewood or Littleton is unlisted. However, if you go to the Colorado Secretary of State page and look up Echostar you will find their incorporation documents were filed by</p><table border="0"><tbody><tr><td><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" class="staticTextValue">R. Stanton Dodge </font>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS