Perpetual repetition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

idioticbliss

I've made my way to this community by googling information that led me to a post about creating matter. I feel completly out of place here. I am a 20 year old high school drop-out. Lately I've been wrestleing with a concept that I can't get out of my mind. I would appreciate some information from an intellectual superior. I am an atheist, and have always believed in the big bang/crunch theory. I don't remember exactly how I came upon this bit of philosophy that has made me second guess my prior ideas on what I can, for lack of a better term, refer to as reincarnation.<br /><br />Every scientific or religious explanation I've heard always ends with the concept of eternity. The "If god created earth, who created god?" scenario.<br /><br />I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, but from what I know, it is impossible to create matter/energy from nothing, only to alter it. Therefore I am led to believe that whatever amount of energy/matter that exists today has and will always exist.<br /><br />If you put a limited amount of energy into a timeline of infinity, eventually every possible outcome has played out an infinite number of times and will continue to do so for eternity. Meaning that after trillions upon trillions of years, every particle has been in the exact same position as it is now, and will continue to allign that way an infinite number of times.<br /><br />I cannot say that I have reached an ultimate understanding simply because I am ignorant. But with my limited knowledge of science, I cannot even imagine an logical alternative theory.<br /><br />I am looking for links or bits of information on the theory roughly explained above. As well as information on the creation of matter and alternative theories. Please, no religious replies. I respect your right to have belifs based on a intelligent disign, I am simply not intrested. <br /><br />Thank you in advance.

V

vogon13

Heisenberg may allow brief excursions from an empty universe. If all the matter and energy in the universe eventually dilutes out to ~nothing, if you look at everything from an infinite amout of time, then, on average, nothing exists, or matters, for that matter.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

H

harmonicaman

Think of the universe as containing two conflicting attributes:<br /><br />A. Mass and energy. All the "m" and "E" in the universe was created at the time of the Big Bang event; it cannot be created or destroyed,<sup>(1.)</sup> only transformed.<br /><br />B. Time and space. The universe also contains "c", which is the infinite expansion of time and the creation of space within the singularity of our origin.<br /><br />The conflict between the static "m" and "E" and the forever expanding "c" within the singularity defines our universe -- E=mc<sup>2</sup>!<br /> <br />1. Law of Conservation of Mass-Energy

Q

qso1

Not to worry about feeling out of place. There is a wide range of people and intellects here at SDC.<br /><br />Idioticbliss:<br />Every scientific or religious explanation I've heard always ends with the concept of eternity. The "If god created earth, who created god?" scenario.<br /><br />Me:<br />The who created God (Assuming there is a God) scenario is something that humans cannot quite wrap their minds around. The idea a being can last through eternity, therefore, to those who gravitate towards logic, or the logical argument. This everlasting scenario cannot be possible.<br /><br />At the same time, they seem to believe there was nothing surrounding the singularity that became our Universe according to the big bang theory.<br /><br />Idioticbliss:<br />I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, but from what I know, it is impossible to create matter/energy from nothing, only to alter it. Therefore I am led to believe that whatever amount of energy/matter that exists today has and will always exist.<br /><br />Me:<br />Thats what we know about our known Universe. Are there parallel dimensions? If so, would they be subject to the same laws of physics? No way to know.<br /><br />Idioticbliss:<br />I cannot say that I have reached an ultimate understanding simply because I am ignorant. But with my limited knowledge of science, I cannot even imagine an logical alternative theory.<br /><br />Me:<br />Nobody can say they have an utimate understanding of the Universe so your not the only one. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

A

agnau

One fantasy fiction book I read suggested that all the laws of physics balance to 0 and that nothing exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts