PHI and concerns.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dabiznuss

Why is it that the wave equations for quantum mechanics ( Schrodinger equation) has the mathematical form to actually travel faster than light? I know it is not possible to travel faster than light, but why does it have this formalism? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

centsworth_II

<p><font color="#000000"><span style="color:#333399"><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Why is it that the wave equations for quantum mechanics ( Schrodinger equation) has the mathematical form to actually travel faster than light? I know it is not possible to travel faster than light, but why does it have this formalism? </span><br /> Posted by dabiznuss</DIV></font><br />HERE is a thread discussing using the Schrodinger equation with zero mass plugged in. One person suggests the necessity of using a relativistic form, with fields rather than waves.&nbsp; (Not that I know anything at all about it!) </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Why is it that the wave equations for quantum mechanics ( Schrodinger equation) has the mathematical form to actually travel faster than light? I know it is not possible to travel faster than light, but why does it have this formalism? <br />Posted by dabiznuss</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;The Schrodinger equation&nbsp;applies to non-relativistic quantum mechanics.&nbsp; <br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts