Planet Mercury: Facts about the planet closest to the sun

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
sam85geo, I don't know what to recommend. Perhaps others can comment. I suppose it must be post 2006. Pluto has got to be Dwarf Planet. It depends on whether you want beautiful photographs, or up to the minute news. I go for the former, but, of course, you want up to date beautiful photographs.
I must say, that I go for the former, with Wiki etcetera to supply the up to date stuff. Let's face it, any book you buy now is lucky to be after 2019 content. That is just my opinion - I could be wrong.

Cat :)

Reactions: sam85geo
sam85geo, I don't know what to recommend. Perhaps others can comment. I suppose it must be post 2006. Pluto has got to be Dwarf Planet. It depends on whether you want beautiful photographs, or up to the minute news. I go for the former, but, of course, you want up to date beautiful photographs.
I must say, that I go for the former, with Wiki etcetera to supply the up to date stuff. Let's face it, any book you buy now is lucky to be after 2019 content. That is just my opinion - I could be wrong.

Cat :)
Thanks Cat: My current Astronomy text is "Universe", 6th edition, by Wm. J. Kaufmann, III, via a college bookstore old book clearance sale. This time around I'll splurge, but within reason.

You might enjoy an older book, but comprehensive, author's Bally and Reipurth...

Birth of Stars...

Also, there are still The Star Formation Newsletters that was always an enjoyable source of info. [Here ]

George
Thank you; I'll take a look. I now realize that a lot has happened since my current book "Universe", sixth edition was published and I picked it up a a old book sale.

Reactions: Catastrophe

Latest posts