POLL. Is NASA doing a good job? How could it improve?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qso1

<p><font color="#800080">In fact the ISS was rescued by the Clinton administration for the purpose of providing work, $600 million worth, to the Russian aerospace industry so that their engineers would have something to do other than sell their services to regimes with which we have some major differences of opinion in regard to terrorism.&nbsp; Putting up the ISS effectively occupies most of the available shuttle launch agenda.&nbsp;&nbsp;edited to add: http://www.fas.org/spp/eprint/jp_931210.htm Posted by DrRocket</font></p><p>Well, that was 12 years after the shuttles first flight but you know far more about this stuff than I do so I yeild.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Q

qso1

<p><font color="#800080">Thank you Rocket! Drum roll and cha ching on that one. Work for russians. Wild and crazy.</font></p><p>My kudos as well.&nbsp;</p><p><font color="#800080">QSO, no beef, but you have to be a gov analyst or equivalent.</font></p><p>I wish. Im just a failed writer and someone who once thought knew something about space history. I could really care less if humanity goes into space or not anymore. I just thought I'd hit upon something that might show the fallacy of the budget argument but I was wrong.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

B

BrianSlee

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Thank you Rocket! Drum roll and cha ching on that one. Work for russians. Wild and crazy.My kudos as well.&nbsp;QSO, no beef, but you have to be a gov analyst or equivalent.I wish. Im just a failed writer and someone who once thought knew something about space history. I could really care less if humanity goes into space or not anymore. I just thought I'd hit upon something that might show the fallacy of the budget argument but I was wrong. <br />Posted by qso1</DIV><br /><br />QSO the only failed writer is one who writes nothing.&nbsp; I don't think you have that problem (lol)</p><p>Personally I think you demonstrate a real understanding of significant issues and provide good input ;O)</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

Q

qso1

<p><font color="#800080">QSO the only failed writer is one who writes nothing.&nbsp; I don't think you have that problem (lol)Personally I think you demonstrate a real understanding of significant issues and provide good input ;O) Posted by BrianSlee</font></p><p>By failed writer, I'm not published and never have been in all the years I been doin it so I decided its best done as a hobby. Its not really about my postings here and I certainly appreciate your response.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

B

BrianSlee

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>QSO the only failed writer is one who writes nothing.&nbsp; I don't think you have that problem (lol)Personally I think you demonstrate a real understanding of significant issues and provide good input ;O) Posted by BrianSleeBy failed writer, I'm not published and never have been in all the years I been doin it so I decided its best done as a hobby. Its not really about my postings here and I certainly appreciate your response.&nbsp; <br />Posted by qso1</DIV><br /><br />I am pretty sure everything you write here is being published in real time and recorded for posterity.&nbsp; <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

Q

qso1

<p><font color="#800080">I am pretty sure everything you write here is being published in real time and recorded for posterity. Posted by BrianSlee</font></p><p>Not good for me...a treasure trove of crap commentary on posterity? Yikes!</p><p>Getting back to topic, I suspect the best thing for NASA to do is to phase as much of its activity to the private sector over the next two decades since it has botched things up so badly. With any luck, maybe it can be phased out. If the private sector can do the job then taxpayers will no longer have to worry about loosing so much money.</p><p>I know that can be tough on taxpayers, many of whom have to much on their plates already. High gas prices, expensive medical care. Time ta privatize human spaceflight. If the private sector cannot accomplish this, then maybe we dont need it.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

B

BrianSlee

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I am pretty sure everything you write here is being published in real time and recorded for posterity. Posted by BrianSleeNot good for me...a treasure trove of crap commentary on posterity? Yikes!Getting back to topic, I suspect the best thing for NASA to do is to phase as much of its activity to the private sector over the next two decades since it has botched things up so badly. With any luck, maybe it can be phased out. If the private sector can do the job then taxpayers will no longer have to worry about loosing so much money.I know that can be tough on taxpayers, many of whom have to much on their plates already. High gas prices, expensive medical care. Time ta privatize human spaceflight. If the private sector cannot accomplish this, then maybe we dont need it.&nbsp; <br />Posted by qso1</DIV><br /><br />Still a little off topic but I have a question.&nbsp; After talking about Herb and how its nice for people involved to get exposure I began to wonder if NASA or any body else has ever done mission books,&nbsp; kinda of like when I was in the Navy we had what was called a cruise book with pics of everyone and details of what we did and of our accomplishments? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

Q

qso1

Was that question directed at me? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

B

BrianSlee

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Was that question directed at me? <br />Posted by qso1</DIV><br /><br />not specifically but I thought you might know <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

Q

qso1

Sorry, I dont know. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Still a little off topic but I have a question.&nbsp; After talking about Herb and how its nice for people involved to get exposure I began to wonder if NASA or any body else has ever done mission books,&nbsp; kinda of like when I was in the Navy we had what was called a cruise book with pics of everyone and details of what we did and of our accomplishments? <br /> Posted by BrianSlee</DIV></p><p>I don't know but, I've got some books from the American Astronomical Society on various mission groups/years/countries that give out program details, hallmarks and the like.</p><p>http://www.aas.org/publications/</p><p>Journals would be the way to go, I would think.&nbsp; Current members can pipe up on that. </p><p>http://www.iop.org/EJ/journal/aj</p><p>Not sure if this is the best source material or not.&nbsp; Those in the field would know what is more suitable. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

B

BrianSlee

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I don't know but, I've got some books from the American Astronomical Society on various mission groups/years/countries that give out program details, hallmarks and the like.http://www.aas.org/publications/Journals would be the way to go, I would think.&nbsp; Current members can pipe up on that. http://www.iop.org/EJ/journal/ajNot sure if this is the best source material or not.&nbsp; Those in the field would know what is more suitable. <br />Posted by a_lost_packet_</DIV><br /><br />Thanks <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts