Post Count Totals - Historical

Dec 20, 2019
Visit site
I noticed our old postings from the previous forum has been restored. I understand closing them for comments, but shouldn't they still count towards "seniority" ? I know several original posters who would consider coming back to Space.com if their seniority was restored.

shaines

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 22, 2019
Visit site
I noticed our old postings from the previous forum has been restored. I understand closing them for comments, but shouldn't they still count towards "seniority" ? I know several original posters who would consider coming back to Space.com if their seniority was restored.

Hey there,

This is an important question, so I've pulled it out of the introductions thread, so it can be visible for other users.

The migration of data like posts to Xenforo from the previous setup is simple enough, but the old forum didn't have the same systems in place for tracking seniority so that data couldn't be imported.

The new platform is only tracking posts made here, not on the old platform, so we'd need to create tools to pull post data directly from the database for the forums, then create a tool for editing data directly in the DB to update each account, all while the forum is online and operational.

As you can imagine, doing work on a database while it is being used can be very, very dangerous, so it's not likely that we'll be able to make those old posts count toward the new platform.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Latest posts