Problem with the Post Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZenGalacticore

The Post Box, I guess that's what you call it. When I am posting, the blue bordered post box is about two or so inches tall. After about 12 lines, the cursor goes below the bottom blue margin and the Post Box jimmys and shakes and I can no longer see what I'm typing. I can still type input, but can't see it. It's very annoying.

When I get to that point, 12 or so lines down, pushing the ENTER key doesn't change the condition. At a point BEFORE this happens, when I push ENTER to start a new line, the '-' cursor just moves one space to the right instead.

My computer is working fine, I just had a 'Sweep/Fix' done. But the little line that is before what I'm typing is kind of blinking.

Is this something wrong I can remedy? Does anyone know why this would be happening?

D

doublehelix

ZenGalacticore":3fiu1hhp said:
The Post Box, I guess that's what you call it. When I am posting, the blue bordered post box is about two or so inches tall. After about 12 lines, the cursor goes below the bottom blue margin and the Post Box jimmys and shakes and I can no longer see what I'm typing. I can still type input, but can't see it. It's very annoying.

When I get to that point, 12 or so lines down, pushing the ENTER key doesn't change the condition. At a point BEFORE this happens, when I push ENTER to start a new line, the '-' cursor just moves one space to the right instead.

My computer is working fine, I just had a 'Sweep/Fix' done. But the little line that is before what I'm typing is kind of blinking.

Is this something wrong I can remedy? Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Zen, if you are using IE8, make sure the Compatibility Mode is on via the Tools menu. That is the first thing that comes to mind. Let me know if this helps or not.

-dh

A

abq_farside

doublehelix":32kk6qnk said:
ZenGalacticore":32kk6qnk said:

Zen, if you are using IE8, make sure the Compatibility Mode is on via the Tools menu. That is the first thing that comes to mind. Let me know if this helps or not.

-dh

That fixed my problem, doing the exact same thing that Zen described. And I am using IE8.

M

MeteorWayne

Yes, I also had postingl box problems with IE8 until I hit the magic "compatibility" button. Everything's worked just fine since then.

Z

ZenGalacticore

Okay. Thank you. That seems to have worked. I am running regular windows Internet Explorer. I've been prompted to update to IE8 but haven't done so yet.

I clicked the Tools tab and went to compatibility and it then said "space.com in compatibility mode" or something like that. I think it's now working fine, thanks.

ps- I wish I had an R2D2 unit to talk to my computer, and a C3P0 droid to translate for me so I wouldn't have to think! :lol:

M

MeteorWayne

If you are set for automatic updates, you may have been upgraded to IE8 without knowing it.

To check, click on "Help" on the top menu bar, then "About Internet Explorer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts