Quantum Electromagnetics - The Aspect of Relativity

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

astrobooger

Over the last few months, I have been contemplating a number of interesting phenomenon. I saw a documentary on the science channel entitled "Paralell Universes". I believe I have far better explanaitions for the nature of the universe(s).<br /><br />I believe that all of Matter, Energy, Space, and Time (MEST) is essentially a simpler form of energy. We know matter and energy can be interchanged, and I am able to conclude that Space and Time act inversely. However, Space (which MEST resides in) can be warped by energy (particularly gravity) and therefore time is acted upon inversely, which leads me to believe that Matter-Energy and Space-Time are very closely linked.<br /><br />Take for example, a blackhole. Its gravity (A type of energy) is so great that it warps Space. If we imagine space as a 2-D elastic sheet (for simplicity) then gravity would create small indentations in this sheet. No matter how you measure it, the surface area of the sheet has increased from the warping (unless you are observing from inside the indentation). Thus, it takes longer to travel through this indentation than non-warped space. Furthermore, Relativity says that time slows down with intense gravity, or when accelerating to near the speed of light. So the journey through an intense gravity well actually takes longer because time is distorted, and there is more space to travel through.<br /><br />Travelling near the speed of light makes this ever more complex. As something moves faster, its mass actually increases. The only explanation of this is that the kinetic energy exerted on the object is actually converted to mass. If you get the object very, very close to the speed of light, then won't its newly formed mass be large enough to have considerably high gravity? (Yes, I know gravity is a very weak force, but we're talking about near-infinite mass.) Why does this not create space and slow time? Well, it does! If you have a stationary object and measure its volume in a range of time, it will

J

jaxtraw

"If you get the object very, very close to the speed of light, then won't its newly formed mass be large enough to have considerably high gravity? "<br /><br />Relativistic mass doesn't gravitate. If it did, a solitary particle flying past the earth at close to the speed of light would cause birds to crash to the ground, causing massive explosions (mv^2/2) and enormous craters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts