Quantum Mechanics, pigs on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KickLaBuka

I would like to formally ask the astronomer a few questions about Quantum Mechanics, and the last 90 years of such. Any takers?

M

MeteorWayne

First of all, you labor under a misconception (actually, quite a few, but only one is relevant here). There is no "Astronomer". It is us. There used to be one (who in fact has wandered back in here recently :) ) but the Astronomer is our (the Community) collective wisdom.

As such, this is really more of a Physics question than an astronomy one, so I will move the thread to that forum.

However, I feel compelled to point out that with your title and where this thread is likely to lead, we might well find it in the Unexplained in the future. We shall see.

MW

K

KickLaBuka

The astronomical community is the smartest people in the world, so any question really does have to do with astronomy; however, if you feel it belongs somewhere else, I am prepared for the discussion and ruling.

These things I happened upon for reasons of an interest in astronomy. I happen to like listening to good music, and Pink Floyd captures that--for me. Nothing further at this time.

M

MeteorWayne

OK, now that you are aware the thread is here in Physics, I will close the link in Ask the Astronomer.

And astronomers are but one subset of very smart people in the world. However, the question you asked specifically refers to Physics, so that is the forum it belongs in.

D

drwayne

Given that this topic is being discussed in the physics forum, the confrontational nature
of your title is probably counter productive. I know several scientists who are here who would
probably ignore the thread based on the title, which strongly suggests someone who simply wants
to argue about something, rather than ask a question.

Wayne

D

dangineer

The suspense is killing me . . .

(and Schrodinger's cat)

L

lanceromega

KickLaBuka":15q56woe said:
I would like to formally ask the astronomer a few questions about Quantum Mechanics, and the last 90 years of such. Any takers?
Not an astronomer but i know alot about the subject, so i would love to help you answer any questions..

K

KickLaBuka

Re: Quantum Mechanics

yeah, I regretted the title about an hour after writing it. If you have ready any of my work on the subject matter, you would understand that I do in fact appreciate all that QM does. It makes the fastest, smartest computers. It draws atoms. It is an extremely powerful tool.

K

KickLaBuka

which strongly suggests someone who simply wants
to argue about something, rather than ask a question.

What is the point in a scientific journey if the solution is given? Is argument not productive?

M

MeteorWayne

Re: Quantum Mechanics

KickLaBuka":1ujd0yq7 said:
yeah, I regretted the title about an hour after writing it. If you have ready any of my work on the subject matter, you would understand that I do in fact appreciate all that QM does. It makes the fastest, smartest computers. It draws atoms. It is an extremely powerful tool.

Actually, quantum computers don't exist yet. They are "ideas" at this time.

Or more humerously, they both exist and don't exist at this time, but only your cat knows for sure.

O

origin

KickLaBuka":3ks3m2fa said:

Just out of morbid curiosity, are you ever going to actually ask these questions (which I thought was the point of your post)?

K

KickLaBuka

Actually, quantum computers don't exist yet. They are "ideas" at this time.

Just out of morbid curiosity, are you ever going to actually ask these questions (which I thought was the point of your post)?

Well, now that I know the quantum computer has still not been developed, and tunnelling is causing a "short" in technology, then I actually have nothing further for that discussion. If there is reasonable support for it, then I would be happy to address any comments. Otherwise, I would like to defer my attention elsewhere.

M

MeteorWayne

OK, then since you don't want to participate, I will close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts