Question about the space-shuttle columbia tragedy i

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qso1

You got it. Bottom line is that in this age of terrorism, a lot of mishaps, tragedies, and accidents will be viewed with suspicion as to terrorism. In Columbias case, this was mentioned shortly after the accident and since a lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes, I suspect the terrorism possibility was investigated well.<br /><br />Its certainly possible that terrorists would want to strike at Israel but if one remotely thinks like a terrorist which one must do as far as trying to figure out what targets terrorists might go after. There are much easier ways to do damage to Israel or even the U.S.<br /><br />I looked myself, not being a professional in the space business I can only rely on media information which one can sometimes spot B.S. in media reports or even simple human error in reporting. I was satisfied with what I saw being reported as the highly probable cause of the Columbia disaster. The initial launch vid, the subsequesnt reports and videos of tests conducted on the foam to see if it could actually breach the RCC and it did. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Q

qso1

browndwarf00:<br />Chinise man stole hard drive from super duper security place and You are both probobly right?<br /><br />Me:<br />There are and will always be instances where security is breached at any facility no matter how secure it it. NASA maintains pretty good security while remaining an open agency. When a terrorist picks a target, the first thing I would assume they look at is the targets security setup to determine if the terrorists have the resources to deal with whatever security may be on hand.<br /><br />I don't know the details to the Chinese guy but I'd be willing to bet he worked at the place where the HD was stolen. Thats one of the toughest things for a security department to deal with...inside jobs. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

M

Mee_n_Mac

<font color="yellow">Hey guys, you are all (who tried to defend NASA or just responded) old kids, childish, indeed ! <br />Don't try to make a storm in a teacup with foolishness and You just covered up serious stuff </font><br /><br />I'll probably regret asking but what, specifically w.r.t. the Columbia, do you think was "covered up" ? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-----------------------------------------------------</p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask not what your Forum Software can do do on you,</font></p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask it to, please for the love of all that's Holy, <strong>STOP</strong> !</font></p> </div>

V

vogon13

Why, the temporal inversion of the cause of the RCC breach, of course.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

U

usn_skwerl

What shuttle was I thinking of, then? The one that didnt wait to re-enter the atmosphere to blow up<p><hr /><br /><br />im led to believe this is in reference to the movie armageddon, as so many urban legends with the columbia are....</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.