questions about light and sound....

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mezhez

i was wondering about the whole light and time thing. theoretically, if we were able to move faster than the speed of light, we could perform a kind of time travel. what i was wondering was if there is anything similar for sound or radio waves????<br /><br />

M

MeteorWayne

Radio waves and light are the same thing (electromagnetic waves) so travel at the same speed.<br /><br />If you travel faster than the speed of sound you create a sonic boom. You get ahead of your sound, but not your time. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

N

nexius

so if you were flying 742.5 mph and screamed outside yur cockpit you could still ere that same scream continously i think

L

lukman

I dont think so, just like the light, sound cannot exceed their own speed, it will stay at 300m/sec. Example, your voice is a bullet train at 100m/s wont make them travel at 400m/sec. You will hear only voices which are bouncing around you, no other than that. I just know this too, not long ago, in a wikipedia i think. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts