Questions about Space Travel

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Jun 10, 2022
Visit site
Agreed, Cat. That said:

I have finished the Rough Draft to this story. If anyone is interested and would like to check it out (for free) please PM me for instructions on how to view the document.

I have a lot of science in this story and would still really appreciate input as I most likely have flaws. This is still a rough draft in every sense of the word.

They say that information is worth what you paid for it; but I disagree. The help from you fine gentlemen has been priceless, and I've enjoyed learning!

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
In addition to what everyone else has said, my personal advice as a writer would simply be that when it comes to a matter of story or realism, go for what improves the story. While realism can be important, especially with the type you are writing, in the end, it is not meant to a scientific study or realistic plan, it is meant to be a story. A well-written story that takes the occasional creative liberty will be much more enjoyable to read than a clunky, complicated story that goes to great efforts to have every aspect be realistic, at the cost of the story and pacing. Besides, most of the people who read it will probably not know enough about deep space travel to recognize the unrealistic aspects.

Reactions: dave123
Jun 10, 2022
Visit site
In addition to what everyone else has said, my personal advice as a writer would simply be that when it comes to a matter of story or realism, go for what improves the story. While realism can be important, especially with the type you are writing, in the end, it is not meant to a scientific study or realistic plan, it is meant to be a story. A well-written story that takes the occasional creative liberty will be much more enjoyable to read than a clunky, complicated story that goes to great efforts to have every aspect be realistic, at the cost of the story and pacing. Besides, most of the people who read it will probably not know enough about deep space travel to recognize the unrealistic aspects.
Well said, and good advice!

Latest posts