Rapid planet formation theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikeemmert

Thanks for the link.<br /><br /><font color="yellow"> Further it fits in nicely with new steady state theory, stella nuclear synthesis processes, and panspermia ideas, in the overall fractal cosmology framework. <font color="white"><br /><br />HOLD IT, hold it, wait a minute. How does the gravitational instability idea link with these other ideas? I don't see a linkage. It's just an idea of how gas giants form! That's a comparison of apples to oranges.<br /><br />I like the gravitational instability idea. In playing with GravitySimulator, I have noticed accretion from very small bodies seem to take a while. Of course, my dinky little computer doesn't have the power to do simulations with enormous numbers of objects. Still, that's the trend I see. I've used various tricks to fool the computer into thinking that there are lots of small objects (like making particle's diameters much larger than their mass indicates, thus simulating the increased surface area from the square/cube law), but I am well aware that this degrades the authenticity of the simulations. It's just an indicator, a crutch for an insufficiently powerful toy.<br /><br />Gravitational instability collapse starts with a mass sufficient to heat the core of the cloud to temperatures where molecular hydrogen begins to break down into atomic hydrogen. This absorbs energy, a lot of energy for a chemical reaction, which prevents compression of the gas from heating the gas. So as the gas collapses, it does not get hotter until all the molecular hydrogen has been consumed.<br /><br />I would hazzard an educated guess that it does not require a stellar mass or even a brown dwarf mass to achieve these temperatures. The temperature we're talking about is only about 2000 degrees Kelvin.</font></font>

S

smartie

You need to understand fractals. Fractals are fractional dimensional objects that are self similar at every scale. The universe basically uses the same basic rules for all phenomena. The same fractal patterns such as the vortex for example keeps occuring in a similar fashion at all scales. By observing certain dynamic phenomena such as weather one should be able understand most phenomena by using the same rules. For example the dynamics of a spiral galaxy is similar to how a planetary system forms or how a planet forms or how a hurricane forms. <br /><br /> http://www.fractaluniverse.org/42.php<br /><br />I thought this was interesting too<br /><br />http://www.blazelabs.com/f-p-frc.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts