Rare 'hypernova' explosion detected on fringes of the Milky Way for the first time

My observation. An interesting method of reconciling this star with metal abundance and BB cosmology and BBN primordial gas clouds said to be created in the early universe. 13 billion years ago in the BB model, the universe size was much smaller than the present universe size said to be some 93 billion light-years in diameter where CMBR z ~ 1100 today. Using 1 billion years after BB event for the postulated hypernova (the report suggest perhaps 800 million years after BB), the universe could be 8 billion light years diameter or so when this hypernova took place to create the additional metals in SMSS J200322.54-114203.3 star. So 3D space expanded greatly since this postulated hypernova event that added more metals to the metal poor star that is now 7500 light years away from the Sun using the BB model for expanding universe and r-process.

You can calculate all these types of space expansion size changes and diameter of the universe using the cosmology calculators. The CMBR would be different too than what is currently observed. Some parts of this model interpretation are observable, other parts are not, e.g. the size difference in the universe when the postulated hypernova took place compared to the present size or changes in CMBR.

"The only explanation for all the extra heavy elements is an extra-huge explosion — a hypernova amplified by rapid rotation and a strong magnetic field, according to the authors." as the space.com report states. This event cannot be observed either like some other items I listed here. It is a model interpretation with some areas that are unobservable used to support the model. Issues like this I feel should be made clear to the public in these astronomical models.

Cosmology Calculators (caltech.edu)

Cosmology calculator | kempner.net

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021
Visit site
A quote from the article:

"this ancient explosion would have been roughly 10 times brighter and more energetic than a typical supernova (the violent death that awaits most stars in the universe, including Earth's sun)"

The Earth's Sun will never experience a supernova.

I'm not the only one who noticed this error:

<<External links removed for inappropriate language.>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rod

Latest posts