Refractor Telescope Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

corpsey

Well.....I've had this old Meade Refractor Telescop for aout 7 years. Since I last moved I never had a chance to get it setup again and I've forgotten how to use it in the past 5-6 years. I im at something with the little 10x Scope and can see somethingy perfectly in the cross hairs, but when I look through the lens of the telescope, I can't see anything. Except when I'm looking at windmills and other junk spread on the mountains near me during the day. <br /><br />Also, is there a way to make it so that the image doesn't appear upside down?<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />-corpsey

M

MeteorWayne

No upside down cannot be changed. That's the physics of light refraction through a lens.<br /><br />You need to align your finder scope.<br /><br />Find a bright object in the sky (Saturn is rising in the east now) set your main scope on it (It's bright enough that shouldn't be too hard), then alighn your finder scope on the same object. (Should be some screws to do that, and in the finder, the bright object should be visible) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

T

tfwthom

You should align the finder scope (the little 10x scope) to the main tube in daylight (it's easier)<br /><br />Pick an object about 100/200 yards away like a telephone pole or the top of a tree. Align the main scope on the top of it (nice if it has an oil spot) focus it right in the center of the main scope (that's why daytime so the object doesn't move) then align the finder scope to the same spot.<br /><br />If you are looking straight through a refractoror (or an SCT) objects appear upside down. If you use the diagonal they appear reversed left/right. They do make a Correct-Image Finder Scope but they are not really worth the money on a refractor, they are more of a reflector item.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts