Refractor Telescope

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tasco578

Is it possible to see deep-sky through a refractor telescope? I have a Tasco with 700 mm/Focal ratio of F/12.

H

heyscottie

Yes, it is possible.<br /><br />You'll be somewhat limited due to your 60mm aperture to the brighter deep-sky objects, but here are a few you should be able to get excellent views of:<br /><br />The Orion Nebula (In Orion's sword)<br />The Beehive Cluster<br />The Double Cluster in Perseus<br />The Andromeda Galaxy<br />The Great Globular Cluster (M13) in Hercules<br /><br />Try scanning Orion's sword with some of your lower power eyepieces first...<br /><br />Remember, more aperture = more light gathering power = ability to see dimmer objects. These are some of the brighter deep sky objects out there. Others will probably add their own choices to the list; mine was just the first 5 that came to my mind. <br /><br />Edited to fix M31 to M13

M

MeteorWayne

M35 is a favorite of ours.<br /><br />MW (Gemini) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts