saturn

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phildog47

i have a few specific questions about saturn 1st how many actual man made satelites have been sent to saturn?

P

phildog47

is there anyone available to help me and my dad answer some questions about saturn?

C

centsworth_II

<font color="#666699"><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>...how many actual man made satelites have been sent to saturn? <br /> Posted by phildog47</DIV></font><br />One.&nbsp; Cassini is the first orbiter.&nbsp; Other missions to Saturn have been fly-bys. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

Mee_n_Mac

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>i have a few specific questions about saturn 1st how many actual man made satelites have been sent to saturn? <br />Posted by <strong>phildog47</strong></DIV><br /><br />Two things ...</p><p>1) Google is your friend.&nbsp; See what NASA has to say here.</p><p>2) This question would be better asked in the Ask the Astronomer forum. You'll get more responses there to these types of questions.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-----------------------------------------------------</p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask not what your Forum Software can do do on you,</font></p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask it to, please for the love of all that's Holy, <strong>STOP</strong> !</font></p> </div>

A

aretis

<p><font size="3">Yeah, I can help you Phildog.</font></p><p><font size="3">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As already stated, The Cassini/Huygens probe is the first and only Saturn orbiter so far.&nbsp; Huygens was carried along with Cassini and sent down to parachute on Saturn's largest Moon, Titan. Pioneer 11 was the first spcaecraft to visit Saturn. This was followed by Voyager 1 and 2. All three of these were planetary flyby missions. What other questions do you guys have?</font></p><p><font size="3">Aretis</font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="4" color="#0000ff"><strong>Aretis</strong></font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.